Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeru View Post
    I have asked guides for assistance in animal hunting when it's scarse or turned off and I really appreciate that they take the time to do so. I don't abuse asking by only inquiring every 2-3 days. Please don't turn-off my Bonecrafting : /
    They should easily be able to poll zones for active players logged on in the last period of time and spawn based upon that, not based on whoever happens to ask them and just pick a random number of spawns they feel is appropriate.

Guidemihr did point out that animals were spawned in several zones, not just the one.

I don't know that it would be feasible for a guide to spawn animals in every zone, and remember this is only a stopgap measure while animal AI is getting fixed. Those fixes will likely become a bit more frequent once the new launcher is implemented, which is probably due sometime this week. It would likely be wise to expect and be prepared for some issues when that is launched, just so you are not overly disappointed if that is the case.

Perhaps it would be feasible to have a set number of zones spawned daily in various regions of the map. Break it down by geographical area so the whole map is represented, but have a random number generator spit out the particular zone to be spawned that day in that area.

Or, keep it as is, enjoy what you can, and diversify your gaming...

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Guidemihr did point out that animals were spawned in several zones, not just the one.

I don't know that it would be feasible for a guide to spawn animals in every zone, and remember this is only a stopgap measure while animal AI is getting fixed. Those fixes will likely become a bit more frequent once the new launcher is implemented, which is probably due sometime this week. It would likely be wise to expect and be prepared for some issues when that is launched, just so you are not overly disappointed if that is the case.

Perhaps it would be feasible to have a set number of zones spawned daily in various regions of the map. Break it down by geographical area so the whole map is represented, but have a random number generator spit out the particular zone to be spawned that day in that area.

Or, keep it as is, enjoy what you can, and diversify your gaming...
    Considering Dawntide is free and they wouldn't engage in this behavior it begs the question why did I drop $39.99?

I have asked guides for assistance in animal hunting when it's scarse or turned off and I really appreciate that they take the time to do so. I don't abuse asking by only inquiring every 2-3 days. Please don't turn-off my Bonecrafting : /
    Im not asking for them to stop spawning, I know why they need to spawn animals. Im asking them stick to a system to do it. Picking and choosing who they do it for is NOT a good idea. Due to the reasons I and others have stated.

I think a simple system where they were to randomly spawn them around the world would be fine, but as a guide has said thats not good for the game system due to extra animals in places where people may never go.

But the point is still valid that you should spawn for some requests and not others. Its not fair. I dont mind things not being fair from a player, but from the company that people are paying money to, there will be issues when people like Roth see them do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    4 Zones. Learn to read. 4 zones mr hater. And don't talk about logic when you defy it yourself by saying that game should remain dead for everyone. Admit it you are just jealous.
    This is the meat of the point. He IS jealous. Players shouldnt have to make friends with guides so they do special favors for them. Guides are there to help. Not play "who wants to be my friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    4 Zones. Learn to read. 4 zones mr hater. And don't talk about logic when you defy it yourself by saying that game should remain dead for everyone. Admit it you are just jealous.
    4 zones based on no particular data

The fact of the matter is that GMs should have spawned resources based upon the active population in each zone, not based on who happened to ask the right GM for spawns in the right district. It's a principle of in-game conduct of GMs and how educated the decisions of the staff in charge of this game choose to make. They are by no means infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This is the meat of the point. He IS jealous. Players shouldnt have to make friends with guides so they do special favors for them. Guides are there to help. Not play "who wants to be my friend".
    Not really. Honeslty I'd rather have the GM removed from their position than get equal spawns distributed across equal zones based on active population statistics. If this were any other company charging $14.99/month he would be removed for spawning monsters based on player requests in a certain specific zone only populated by specific players. Blizzard, Pre-F2P Turbine, Mythic, etc.

If you want to shoot the community in the foot and play your own little world with you and 2 other people that's great but the fact of the matter is that I'm far more concerned about the practices of GMs on this game than this specific incident.

OMG. Its really amazing that some people are bitching over everything. If guides don't spawn animals then that's why, if they do then that's why. Some people just love to be unhappy.

Not really. Honeslty I'd rather have the GM removed from their position than get equal spawns distributed across equal zones based on active population statistics. If this were any other company charging $14.99/month he would be removed for spawning monsters based on player requests in a certain specific zone only populated by specific players. Blizzard, Pre-F2P Turbine, Mythic, etc.

If you want to shoot the community in the foot and play your own little world with you and 2 other people that's great but the fact of the matter is that I'm far more concerned about the practices of GMs on this game than this specific incident.

You would rather a GM be fired than see equal treatment? Im not understanding this.

I think I understand what you are saying, but I dont want to put words in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    OMG. Its really amazing that some people are bitching over everything. If guides don't spawn animals then that's why, if they do then that's why. Some people just love to be unhappy.
    Huh? That didnt make much sense.

If I get a guide to do special things for me but not anyone else dont you think there is a problem there?

You would rather a GM be fired than see equal treatment? Im not understanding this.

I think I understand what you are saying, but I dont want to put words in your mouth.
    I would rather trade a precedent now for equal treatment in the future. Without a heavy hand GMs will abuse their power until they understand that they need to perform to a certain standard or find something else to do.

I'm getting really, really, really tired of GMs running around willy nilly like they are the gods and arbiters of judgment. Judge, jury, and executioner in a way. In this instance that is exactly what happened.

The GM determined on his own that the player deserved to have spawns in their zone, without weighing any factors, consulting his boss, nothing. He just said "Oh well they deserve it *poof* spawn" in effect.

They can make excuses after the fact, but the results speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    I would rather trade a precent now for equal treatment in the future. Without a heavy hand GMs will abuse their power until they understand that they need to perform to a certain standard or find something else to do.

I'm getting really, really, really tired of GMs running around willy nilly like they are the gods and arbiters of judgment. Judge, jury, and executioner in a way.
    What do you mean a percent now?

Me I would like to have equal treatment all the time.

We understand your pain about GM's abusing power. I dont think thats the case here. I think here its more of not knowing what standard procedure is.

What do you mean a percent now?

Me I would like to have equal treatment all the time.

We understand your pain about GM's abusing power. I dont think thats the case here. I think here its more of not knowing what standard procedure is.
    Precedent, it's an obvious typo. It's like indie game developers think they're magically exempt from running their game in a professional manner yet they have no problem charging as much if not more.

Well that's why everyone left this game in the first place...