Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    to the information I got was if they terraform junk and then pull the totem and then move it and then start terraforming again then that is considered greifing.
    Are you sure? If this is the case then SOTA are officialy griefers and should be reported and banned for it as Durin moves his totem around and destroys junk. Confirm / deny please.

I think the concept of destroying the junkpiles is fine when one uses the (take the resources tactic). I do not agree that totem hoping to terraform should be a viable way to destroy junkpiles. I guess paving them would work as of now(right?), but I wish that paving would only work on "cleared" or grassy terrain if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I don't see chopping down trees as griefing. It's economic warfare.
    We chopped down a lot of trees.
    We got our trees chopped down around us.
    However we logged and stockpiled a lot of our own trees before they got got.
    Now, if crafting were worth 2 shits, i'd be saying:

/Trade: Hi. I'm Dubanka. I have lots of stockpiled lumber, mostly precut into small logs. I am willing to trade my timber for [something else of value if anything else was of value].

I'd have a virtual monopoly on the market!

now, if seiging was in. You could say:
    /war SCREW YOU DUBANKA I"M GONNA COME TAKE YOUR LUMBER BECAUSE YOU'RE MEAN FOR CUTTING DOWN EVERYONE'S TREES!

and then you could try.

and lose.

and i'd still have a monopoloy on lumber.

but it would have been fun.

a lot more fun than crying on the forum because someone took all your trees or bulldozed your junk pile.
    you seems like a fun guy... but sadly I think you will get bored too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Worried that someone will come and pave over your junkpile in the dead of night just for the lolz? Set up a grid of baskets, and no one will be able to terraform the area.
    Haven & Hearth remove skill points on baskets, it 1200+ baskets in one zone

Quote Originally Posted by nekosun View Post
    Haven & Hearth remove skill points on baskets, it 1200+ baskets in one zone
    No. Place a totem and you can move baskets. This is what totem-hoppers do. No skill required.

I agree they shouldnt be doing this, however, I do believe its best for the game. Sadly it will cause people to want to trade resources, which is soooo needed in this game to improve the ECON.

But I think the devs should set the resource locs not players. This would prevent some players having all the piles because they griefed others out of theirs.

Just watched one soloer do this and waste one radius of dump near us with terraform, before leaving.

Didn't get the reason before reading this post.

An NO way to kill him inside his "safe zone".

Should be classed as evil at least.

Im not sure what this thread is about now, but i do believe there were talks about making the land go back to its original points after a tribe disbands

In a game where PvP is an important part of the action, economic warfare (destroying trees and junkpiles) should be a legitimate practice.

However, the protection of said resources should be equally possible. Without the ability to build walls around assets and install a gate to keep out raiders, the situation becomes unbalanced. You cannot defend something if you are not there to defend it, and nobody can be logged-in to a game 24/7. Even if you have nothing else to do in RL, you have to sleep sometimes.

The protection of assets in MMO's is always a tricky problem. The game has to simulate RL, but unlike RL, you do not participate in a game 24/7. That's why most games have "attack windows" where assets only become vulnerable at specific times. These systems and "counterbalances" do not exist in Xsyon yet. Instead we have a temporary solution where some things can never be attacked while others can always be attacked.

This unbalanced state is a common problem in games that start with only "core features" at launch, and are then developed further piece by piece. An example would be the implementation of magic spells for combat before magic resistance is implemented. Suddenly everyone plays a mage, because they are OP untill the rest of the system is working.