Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    @ Plague and Jadiza

Im not saying the game is all PvP. Not even saying its that large of a part of the game, especially not in its current state. However, it is a very important part of the game. I dont mind the current setup, im just saying to have a whole part of the map cut out for PvE is not right and doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
    @ Plague and Jadiza

Im not saying the game is all PvP. Not even saying its that large of a part of the game, especially not in its current state. However, it is a very important part of the game. I dont mind the current setup, im just saying to have a whole part of the map cut out for PvE is not right and doesn't really make sense.
    2 separated areas would serve the game and the players better imo. But I'm fine with the current setup as well.

Sure we need PVP, but burning cities? How would you react if someone burnt a city you created for 6 months after 72 hours? Xsyon dev team needs to think about how to make money and not how to make realistic apocalypse sim. Did you see what full pvp focus did to Dakfall? It's griefers bot paradise now and majority of player base stay away from it. If a game is all stick and no carrot then there is no point in playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Sure we need PVP, but burning cities? How would you react if someone burnt a city you created for 6 months after 72 hours? Xsyon dev team needs to think about how to make money and not how to make realistic apocalypse sim. Did you see what full pvp focus did to Dakfall? It's griefers bot paradise now and majority of player base stay away from it. If a game is all stick and no carrot then there is no point in playing it.
    thats is accutly a really good point never thought of that. hmmmm looks like the dev team did think of a pretty good system. some quarks but overall cant be changed much i suppose.

But it can be changed. As I said they need to add something worth fighting for like mines. And then when your tribe claims the mine you would have to build a fort and increase its defences. PVP 24/7 combined with resource sink for forts and it only involves those who are willing to fight. Everyting else is pure griefage.

Safe zones stay. Get used to it.

Instead of coming up with ideas in wrong direction - taking over towns - youd should move into the right direction - taking over resources. Mines, quarries, farmland etc etc etc. What would you do with enemy fort? Rape and pillage then set his buildings on fire? No one gave it a real though, admit it.

Instead there should be a reward for pvp strong tribes besides having big ePeen. When you conquer a mine (for example) you get to control that mine's production and everyone must trade with you to obtain that resource (iron, copper, silver, bronze, who cares). And it will attract pvp tribes to attack you. If you lose you will not emoragequit because you just lost it all, you will rebuild your force from your safe zone and attack again. This will bring dynamics to the game and allow people to have breaks from pvp when they want (vacation, exams, work, sickness etc.).

What is being discussed here is a move in a griefer direction where a group of 20-30 morons can go around wrecking everyone's property while they are offline calling this pvp. Will population go down due to that? No. Game will go down because of that and it would be bye bye Xsyon.
    Im not even talking mostly taking over towns in this topic, but thats going to be part of the game you understand this right? Its not going to be removed, and its already in the plans.

I agree 100% with this taking over resources idea, and making these outposts/forts.

My worry is under the current planned system, you can place a safe area ANYWHERE you want at ANYTIME you want.
    So mid fight if I wasnt in a tribe, I can just drop a safe area, and kick your butt and there isnt anything you could do about it.

You havnt even got into a system to stop people from griefing or attacking other tribes. Why not put a good neut evil system in like the one that is planned to stop these griefers. Dont lump "griefers" with people that want contested PVP.

You act like everyone is going to quit because they lost everything. Well if those people cant afford to lose everything why are they in the PVP areas? Goto the safe areas. Just like EVE has its doing great. Whats the problem with that system? Ive laid it out already. You want a safe city from attack and cant afford to lose it. Build in the safe areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I think you don't get the main problem with this system, Yzandor. You can't force players to do what they don't like. Non-pvp players main problem is not loosing stuffs, thats a minor annoyance only. The main point is that they don't want to deal with jerks when they don't feel so. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all of the PvPers are jerks, actually most of them are not. But those few of them who are can ruin the game for the rest of the playerbase.

I can assure you that your system wouldn't make non-pvp players happy. Having a safe zone where you can only craft limited items and you are forced to be unprotected if you want to progress sounds very very bad.

As Plague said, safe zones will stay. Try to find another way to make PvP enjoyable, without restricting the game for PvEers.
    Ive already addressed my system doesnt for safe area people to only beable to craft some of the items they can craft them all. Just the RESOURCES will be limited to prevent safe area fueling PVPers. If you want to make a deal with PVPers to get these resources more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    2 separated areas would serve the game and the players better imo. But I'm fine with the current setup as well.
    I agree safe areas and contested areas. Contested areas should have more of the rare limited resources while safe areas should have these in very very limited amounts and even some of them none at all.
    The problem with the CURRENT setup is the anywhere anytime safe area.

I would likely take another city or build another one up. Because if I were in the PVP area for 6 months, I should have made a lot of rare resources for trade with other cities.
    Plus why does it have to burn down in 72 hours? What if it took 3 months to burn down? You are acting like these cant be balanced to make it so taking a city is hard.

Haha, PVP focus didnt kill Darkfall, fact Darkfall is picking up, they have reported record high this last year of people playing it.
    What hurt Darkfall is the bugs, grind fest and poor ECON of rare resources.
    Now those are being fixed and have changed a LOT. Guess what more and more people coming back to the game. Look at EVE online. They have a PVP focus and yet they seem to be doing ok.
    It would be like saying "Xsyon is doing bad because its a PVP focus game" When we all know what Xsyon problems are, its lack of content, bugs, missing features and other vast problems. Dont try to blame something on a game you dont know about.
    I can name many games that have NO pvp that are failing.

thats is accutly a really good point never thought of that. hmmmm looks like the dev team did think of a pretty good system. some quarks but overall cant be changed much i suppose.
    I like the dev's system what I dont like if the safe zones anywhere at anytime. That will break the system so no one is happy.

But it can be changed. As I said they need to add something worth fighting for like mines. And then when your tribe claims the mine you would have to build a fort and increase its defences. PVP 24/7 combined with resource sink for forts and it only involves those who are willing to fight. Everyting else is pure griefage.
    Like I said I agree with this idea and thought line, but if safe areas can be placed anywhere at anytime, whats to stop me from using it as a buffer to keep people away from resources "mines" as you call it?

Safe areas anywhere anytime can and will be exploited. Dont think "only by PVPers" either like Jadzia is saying, even PVEer tribes will do it.

Taken from the FAQ

Can architecture structures be damaged by other players at any time?
    As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.

You cant say safe zones are gona stay the way they are, cause there not. System will change.

Taken from the FAQ

As the game evolves yes. This won't be in for a while as towns are planned as safe zones in the Prelude, though I am considered tribes to allow to choose if they want to be warring tribes during the Prelude. Warring tribes will be able to attack each other.

When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.

You cant say safe zones are gona stay the way they are, cause there not. System will change.
    Your are right, and the system will change after Prelude. They said tribes will be able to opt-out and opt-in to tribal wars. They will be able to choose to be a warring tribe and in that case they won't have the safe zone. Tribes that choose to be non-warring will keep their area safe.
    Jordi said that this won't be an on-off switch, its a one-time choice or very hard to change, and will somehow be based on tribes' actions. I guess a tribe who keep attacking others would become a warring one.

Taken from the FAQ

Ya sadly he has changed his ideas since posting that on the FAQ.
    He updated it with the new "We can be safe anywhere anytime" idea.

Im still waiting to see how the Good/Evil/Neut system will work. I see really no reason to be Evil if everyone is going to be safe if they choose to be safe anywhere. Doesnt make much sense. I can see being safe in your safe areas. Have at it. But what about spies and other issues with that system. Anyways that a whole other topic.

Ya sadly he has changed his ideas since posting that on the FAQ.
    He updated it with the new "We can be safe anywhere anytime" idea.

could you please post a link to this? would like see whats goin on for the most part.
    No matter what gona stick with game though, great concept and lots of fun so far.