Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVP System.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    And FYI, safe zones won't be removed after Prelude. They will be optional.
    can you please provide a developers quote on this? Because if this is true I quit the game right now. There will be no point in playing.

My tribe already has almost maxed skills in all crafts and terraforming and building walls is boring already, animals are non existant and gates are not possible to build yet.

The ONLY thing keeping me in game is the promise that when prelude ends we will be able todestroy the crap outta the people talking shit to us now. If this is not possible I see no point in playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eekaboo View Post
    This is not your post, the post is about PVP, and come around the Templars and we will show you what the game is to us. And if PVP was meant to be a small part of the game then why tribes and not nice lil houses all in a row?
    Why share your home with so many, why not just raise a house next to your buddy? And the developers want to see the game progress, and I am sure they know crafting and saying hi and having friendly tea time with your neighbor is going to get mighty boring. The point is new land is not what is needed, more excitment is what is needed and running from me and my tribe will get your heart pumping when you just made that lvl 90 bone helm.
    I know the game is about PvP for Templars, and thats nice, play the game in the way you like. I play it in the way I like, both of us has the option to do so. You want more excitement and no more land, I want more land and I don't want more excitement...but the devs promised new lands first

I can assure you that I'll craft that lvl 90 bone helm in my safe zone, just to avoid every heart pumping

Ok, seriously, all I'm saying that players have different tastes, what one find boring other find very entertaining. None of us can say that our way is the only good one, and that our way should be forced on others.

Actually I agree with the OP that the PvP system should be fixed. But this is a huge task, requires a lot of work for sure. The new lands are already there, just need a little tweaking by the art work team, so it would be better if they worked on that for now. And I guess the art work team has no much to do with the PvP system, so that doesn't affect the development of the PvP system too much.

<-----------------Female

I will ask again what are you going to do with the new land?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    can you please provide a developers quote on this? Because if this is true I quit the game right now. There will be no point in playing.

My tribe already has almost maxed skills in all crafts and terraforming and building walls is boring already, animals are non existant and gates are not possible to build yet.

The ONLY thing keeping me in game is the promise that when prelude ends we will be able todestroy the crap outta the people talking shit to us now. If this is not possible I see no point in playing this game.

Regarding the future of safe zones and conquest as brought about by the discussion of War and Peace servers:

What I imagine is:
    - Tribes choosing to become warring on non-warring, not as an on / off switch but as a permanent or difficult to reverse decision, likely based on tribal actions.
    - Warring tribes would be able to conquer and raid others, but they will also become susceptible to war. Non warring tribes would keep their area safe, but don’t gain the ability to raid or conquer other tribes.
    - Both warring and non-warring tribes could claim resources that would be up for contest by both types of tribes.
    - Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not.
    From the Xsyon Update Archive thread, March 5 update.

Eekaboo, I'd like new lands because the tribe/homestead areas have been reduced due to lack of space, and because new players need land to settle down, otherwise they won't buy the game.

Edit: forgot it though very important...animals disappears because they don't like populated area, and can't breed. Thats why hunters/bonecrafters suffer now, the new lands will solve this problem.

You have not left the safety of your lil area have you? There is a crap load of dead areas with no homesteads!

Quote Originally Posted by Eekaboo View Post
    You have not left the safety of your lil area have you? There is a crap load of dead areas with no homesteads!
    Well if you already have a nice piece of land why desire to move? SOme want to move others do not, the devs have stated what they want from the game, where it is now, a timescale for the next stage of the game and what that stage will mean. Ask yourself who is trying to change it?

Hmm so people will be able to sit behind their walls in the permanent safe zones and troll chat without fear of reprisal? Sounds terrible.

Thank you Jadzia for finding this for me, prevented me from wasting any more time on this game. This really should be stickied so it's made VERY clear otherwise people could be pretty angry when they find out later on.

EDIT: upon hearing this news my entire tribe has stopped playing the game. Would've been nice to know this information before we all wasted our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Hmm so people will be able to sit behind their walls in the permanent safe zones and troll chat without fear of reprisal? Sounds terrible.

Thank you Jadzia for finding this for me, prevented me from wasting any more time on this game. This really should be stickied so it's made VERY clear otherwise people could be pretty angry when they find out later on.

EDIT: upon hearing this news my entire tribe has stopped playing the game. Would've been nice to know this information before we all wasted our money.
    You can request a refund for the game if you like. They've been pretty cool about handing them out.

As an aside, the developers have proved that they listen to the playerbase a little overly much. Once gates are implemented it'll make a whole lot more sense to remove safe zones, and I think a push to do so at that time will stand a good chance. My recommendation, for what it's worth, is to stick the game out for the two month preorder trial (assuming you have that). If it's not heading in a direction you like after that time frame you can always cancel so you're not paying a monthly fee then check it out again in 4-6 months. That's what our tribe and I'm sure many others are planning. If not, good luck in finding the kind of game you're looking for. We haven't had much luck for the past few years. =/

Lets see...you have gear to better protect yourself from...PVE
    Weapon crafting and weapons are for...PVE
    You are building forts and fortifications for... ooo you can't build fortifications, there are no gates
    You have a tribe and build alliances for...you got it, for trading, making friends and having fun !

You can't seriously tell me that you would be happy with this game if everything was focused on PvP and on destroying others' hard work. Most of us want the safe zones to stay in game (just check this poll, I can actually prove my statement, not like you:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nes-in-Prelude )
    New lands were promised for April and most of us can't wait it.

I understand that you like a PvP focused game and there is nothing wrong with that. You should understand that not everyone thinks the same way, and there is nothing wrong with that either.
    Your poll means nothing! I speak for a community of well over a thousand people that is keeping an eye on this game and want a PVP focus!

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    As usual the point of my post was lost in the haze of this game is ONLY PvP.

My point, the game AS IT IS NOW IS NOT ABOUT PVP AND ONLY PVP. This is the PRELUDE. When other mechanics are in the game will no doubt progress and new combat mechanics will be introduced. But like ot or not, keep believing the lie or not, PvP is a small part of the game, is not really that important to a great majority of the player base and not the focus of the developers.

If YOU don't line what the game is now then move on, go back to a game you do like, but stop fucking whinning all the bloody time.
    This doesn't strike you as ironic?

I know the game is about PvP for Templars, and thats nice, play the game in the way you like. I play it in the way I like, both of us has the option to do so. You want more excitement and no more land, I want more land and I don't want more excitement...but the devs promised new lands first

I can assure you that I'll craft that lvl 90 bone helm in my safe zone, just to avoid every heart pumping

Ok, seriously, all I'm saying that players have different tastes, what one find boring other find very entertaining. None of us can say that our way is the only good one, and that our way should be forced on others.

Actually I agree with the OP that the PvP system should be fixed. But this is a huge task, requires a lot of work for sure. The new lands are already there, just need a little tweaking by the art work team, so it would be better if they worked on that for now. And I guess the art work team has no much to do with the PvP system, so that doesn't affect the development of the PvP system too much.
    The Devs also want new players Jadzia, and they're not going to get that rapidly by building on an already OK system w/new land and whatnot, they will however get new players quickly by fixing an abysmal PVP system, or at the very least improving it. Time is money, friend.

Without combat there is no point to the game whatsoever. What are you going to do after crafting all the items? There is no item durability so they are not going to break and be needed to be rebuilt so then what happens when you have everything? Are you going to start filling baskets with never used items? War drives the economy while keeping the paying customers from dying of boredom.

Without a better PvP system they player base will simply stop playing. Combat should be focused on before the mist is expanded. There are vast areas of empty land away from Lake Tahoe.