Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    so why not make a post about how its impossible to go into ghost form, with all your gear, and suddenly reappear full healed 30 seconds later in a different location with gear intact?.
    or how a man can chop down a mighty tree with a handaxe in 15 seconds.

you claim to take all the game in seriousness, but only apply "logic" to the parts you pick and choose to debate, ignoring all others that would fall under your same strict seriousness
    why are you so serious? It is just a game dude.. relax

square mileage of an area is not done on a topographical overlay..its done on a flat plane, with the area as a whole.
    say you own "3 acres of land" you can build a HUGE mound of dirt on it, its still 3 acres, you could not sell it as 4 acres because of the extra Z height you added.
    And thats where the word ASSUME comes back into play. I dont need a fucking lesson on area. I know.

The devs could have very well calculated the amount of traversable surface, instead of just the square grid, when getting the numbers to describe the game land.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    And thats where the word ASSUME comes back into play. I dont need a fucking lesson on area. I know.

The devs could have very well calculated the amount of traversable surface, instead of just the square grid, when getting the numbers to describe the game land.
    how the heck did this conversation end up in my thread....

http://www.geeksquad.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    different game.. i think it releases next week also... i am thinking perhaps you alt tabbed to the wrong forums?

just sayin

i am always very serious about these things... always.
    Well maybe the two games are connected... via... a rift
    /cue twilight zone music

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post

even taking into account the elevation, you would need a vertical change of 12x the travel able distance to equate to 4x the square footage of the same area.
    to do so and turn 34sq miles into 120 would mean most the landmass would be a series of sheer 60+ degree cliffs 3-4 times higher than long evenly distributed over the entire surface.
    as the lake is 1/4 of the map, and considered flat travel-able area.. the landmass would have to make up for that lack of extra distance more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    Well maybe the two games are connected... via... a rift
    /cue twilight zone music
    ooooh... ok now we're talking...

even taking into account the elevation, you would need a vertical change of 12x the travel able distance to equate to 4x the square footage of the same area.
    to do so and turn 34sq miles into 120 would mean most the landmass would be a series of sheer 60+ degree cliffs 3-4 times higher than long evenly distributed over the entire surface.
    as the lake is 1/4 of the map, and considered flat travel-able area.. the landmass would have to make up for that lack of extra distance more so.
    dude... seriously..... wtf u killed it

it was dying, I just put it out of its misery

If I ever see an naked elf in the lake, I'll bring on the real apocalypse.

it was dying, I just put it out of its misery
    it cant die until at least the 4th page.... only then can the seriousness be taken seriously.