Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    i'm actually all for an eve system..and i think it would work well here. relegate a very small portion of the world where players can build their cities to be safe zones. Leaving the conflict zones to take place over the resources in the world. you'd need to figure out how to get your loot back to your happy safey hidey hole, but once it's there it's safe to stare at it without fear.

Now lineage is a pos...so not sure why that's an example of anything positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i'm actually all for an eve system..and i think it would work well here. relegate a very small portion of the world where players can build their cities to be safe zones. Leaving the conflict zones to take place over the resources in the world. you'd need to figure out how to get your loot back to your happy safey hidey hole, but once it's there it's safe to stare at it without fear.
    Ysh, it would work, quite well i might say.

Now lineage is a pos...so not sure why that's an example of anything positive.
    Yah, PoS played by 1-3 million people. You cant really argue that it works and people want to play it. Opposed to some other games.

If a tribe feels strongly enough about the 'noob situation'...hell, take control over a spawn point and advertise it as a gank free zone for new players to log in at. Enforce your will, don't cry about it.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS. It drives me crazy how in every PvP sandbox(ish) game people cry for Dev intervention. DO IT YOURSELF.

I count nine starting points. Is the proposal that tribes will man all these points 24/7/365 with sufficient manpower to ensure that new arrivals in the game don't get ganked as their first experience of Xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    I count nine starting points. Is the proposal that tribes will man all these points 24/7/365 with sufficient manpower to ensure that new arrivals in the game don't get ganked as their first experience of Xsyon?
    Definitely not at the start of the game when things aren't built... MAYBE after a month or so if combat is touched up after a month, but definitely not before combat is fixed.

_____

A lot of people are relying on "IF/then" things. It's just as has been said. I have not seen community's actually do this. It actually a bit in-immersive when a community doesn't do this. I'd love it and I'd be part of it (later), but currently it hasn't been done to my knowledge. Regardless it was said that there should be way more good and neutral people than evil people due to consequences later. I either read that in the FAQ or on an interview.

You all have to realize that these things haven't been tweaked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    No, the League of Honor, C4r3Bears United, and Sheep with Bloody Fangs control 3 points.

They militantly enforce handholding within thier areas of influence, and any who desire to inflict harm upon others are swiftly dealt with.

On the Recruitment forum they have updated posts welcoming like minded noobs, please fee free to fill out their 500 page guild app, and enter the world at their controlled spawn point for assimilation into carebear nirvana.

Conversely, the L337zor Republic controls 1 spawn point, or at least has it in its area of influence. their application process...haha get into vent so we can hear your lame voice!!111 OK log in her...HAHA NOOB OF COURSE WE KILLED YOU hahalol111 now keep up and we migh tgive you ur stuff back fckin noob lol111'.

Different strokes for different folks.

Like with any game, if you fail to do any degree of research about what you're getting into...i mean it is an ffa game, it takes about 2 seconds to realize you are vlunerable as soon as you log in...so if you fail to make any preparations to ensure you have a decent time...well then that's your friggin fault, not the game's.

Okay, so that's three 'safe' points, assuming that those three tribes can actually man those points with sufficient manpower 24/7. And you're sure they can? And you're sure those tribes will still all be in full operation with the requisite manpower to accomplish the task two or three months down the road. And you're sure that if for some reason they aren't, another tribe will altruistically step up and fill the gap.

Okay... Assuming all that...

I also see one starting point that pretty much assures a new player is going to have a very bad experience as their first experience. And you think this is a good design decision? In essence you're saying that if you're a new player and you pick that one spawn point the game is pretty much just going to throw you away. Frankly, I don't see that as a good design choice.

Now you further say that you shouldn't get into a game without doing some research. Fair enough. So let's say I'm a prospective new player and I'm doing that diligent research. And I see where it says, "Make sure you don't choose 'X' as your starting location because if you do you're going to get ganked. 'A', 'B' and 'C' are safe choices... provided the tribes who are guarding them have enough folks on-line to protect you when you log in at 03:20AM their time."

What do you think the great majority of prospective players are going to think to themselves when they read something like that? What kind of players will that 'select' for? Once again; do you think that kind of selection makes for a good design choice - given that the stated design goal is; 'rebuilding the world with PvP not the primary focus'?

EvE system is terrible for this game. It does nothing to prepare the player for the eventuality of an unsafe pvp world. We dont need extended "safe forever" areas, it doesnt fit the lore.

I see no reason why the community just can self police, make a noob tribe at a spawn point, something that doesnt limit gameplay, and concentrate pvpers into one area.

If a pvp free area is created, its just going to create players who will be unable to compete with those who stayed in the pvp zones, further segmenting the community.

Its a small learning curve, once you learn how to properly prepare for an unsafe world it no longer becomes an issue. People are refusing to adapt and pretending they are in a safe pve enviroment, its why people are getting so angry over something as ridiculous as me killing them, not even taking anything. Its a video game folks, your gonna be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    EvE system is terrible for this game. It does nothing to prepare the player for the eventuality of an unsafe pvp world. We dont need extended "safe forever" areas, it doesnt fit the lore.

I see no reason why the community just can self police, make a noob tribe at a spawn point, something that doesnt limit gameplay, and concentrate pvpers into one area.

If a pvp free area is created, its just going to create players who will be unable to compete with those who stayed in the pvp zones, further segmenting the community.

Its a small learning curve, once you learn how to properly prepare for an unsafe world it no longer becomes an issue. People are refusing to adapt and pretending they are in a safe pve enviroment, its why people are getting so angry over something as ridiculous as me killing them, not even taking anything. Its a video game folks, your gonna be OK.
    I can agree. But what's wrong on leave the current ruleset on pvp along the edge of the lake and use it as starting "soft" zone? Open pvp, safe tribal zones and non seigeable main totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    In addition, consequences, which will be modified as necessary, will keep gankers at bay. They will get sick of things happening to them like returning to the totem every time they die. I'm sure there will be more things put in place. Jooky will not let this be over run by griefers
    waddabout stats loss to "red" pkers ?