Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Don't like the decision but will give it a chance. Alts for claiming future land incoming.

1 server....8 servers.....I really don't care anymore. I am numb from all this flip flopping (very unprofessional btw). I cannot trust anything anyone says anymore about this game. I was all excited about an actual challenge in this game...but now I will be forced to hold hands and play the Sims for 6 months. It could be PvE and purple unicorns next month for all we know....bah

Just make sure the game works this time around. That's all that matters next week at this point.

I agree with the guy above me. Flip-flopping is in abundance with this dev group- and that doesnt bode well for the game.

This Jordi fella keeps saying changing his mind (and F***ing announces it) just to change him mind THE NEXT DAY.

Then he has the nuts to say he didnt change it because of the scrutiny of his customers, just because he thinks it would be technologically easier (isnt that the same excuse he used for the 2 server split?!)

So. No, im not getting a refund. But NO, I will not be paying a monthly fee for this game- not until they get it into beta version (combat coding anyone?).

This game is being pushed early just because Jordi said it would be out by now, not because it deserves to be out.

Bad dev team who has a blurry vision and staggers around the programming world until they stumble upon it. boooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Just make sure the game works this time around. That's all that matters next week at this point.
    Couldn't agree more . If the decision to go with just the 1 server ends up with the same lag problems as the last attempt to launch , there had better be a 2nd server ready to come up within an hour . If you make people wait a couple of days in the same situation as last time it won't bode well at all .

I would really hate to see this game fold in a couple of months because of bad decisions now .

Well, well, interesting development to say the least, the combat-oriented people will be happy for that one, more victims to be had. I already smell the next "do away with safe zones" thread incoming. Can't say that I like it.

It doesn't even address the core problem of space near the junkpiles: Why do so many people want to live on a junkpile? Because there are almost no things that can be crafted without junk.

Thats the best thing I couldve read Jordi, thank you.

Ive been saying from the start, totems (of any kind) should not reserve land, it should take the amount of land justified by the number of members, and thats it. To expand, the tribe should either have to negotiate or war. To save griefing, if another totem is placed within a certain distance of a totem that is already there, then that "new" tribe should automatically become a warring tribe for a month (or two).

The way it is now, a tribe totem is reserving land for 50+ members, and they may never grow any larger than 15 or 20 members.

Perhaps something to think about?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    This is much better, there's lots of opportunity here.

Smaller Homesteads may be asked to swear fealty to the tribe that now owns the land around them.

Don't like that tribe? Go find their enemies and ask them to liberate you!
    Just because I don't like being screwed then told to shut up and take it.. * IF * it happens that I am surrounded by a hostile tribe or just a tribe that thinks I don't matter I will do everything in my power to make them misserable. Including being a spring board to a rival tribe and a spy for them.. supplying the enemy with information along with fresh armor and weapons durring an invasion.

When I first read the changes I was a little ticked.. I guess I still am ticked but only time will tell if this is going to be an issue. I'm certain if this were to be exploited Jordi would change it. I feel he is just trying to make the puzzle pieces work with the least problems.

I don't see a launch date of the 8th for pre orders or a official launch on the 15th for everyone else. I would really like the truth on a realistic date to set everything in place for launch.

Well thought out solution...thanks.

I'm nervous because we're going to start with such a scarcity of resources. It will let me solo, however.

On the other hand, now solo players will have no choice but to settle directly on top of scrap heaps, or else risk losing access as tribes expand and not even be able to defend ourselves at the nearby heaps, since they'll now be on tribal land.

So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Edited to add: Jesus, what if a tribe fences us in?