Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    PvE player? Get real. You want a game to succeede - dont screw your game in the start cause few gankers cant adopt to the ruleset. Really funny you talking how other people cant adopt to something, its hilarious i must admit.

EvE offers plenty of choice, and thats one part why its so successful and constantly growing. And yah, theres plenty of people taking the risk of living in low sec-0.0 space.
    Im not seeing the people who send me whispers full of curses and insults as adApting, i see it in their inventory, loaded with rare loot and tools.... mabey they would be so angry over losing their prescious loot if they had sprinted back to their basket and unloaded upon finding the loot...mabey they wouldnt be so mad if they had a friend patoling the area, if not just to give a heads up that some unknown is approaching.

A majority of the people i gank freak out like its the end of the world, most of the time they lose nothing in the process, its so silly how they can get all worked up over losing nothing in a damn video game... so no they are not adapting to the system. They are ignoring it, and instead come here and cry for more protections and more saftey, so they continue to ignore the ffa full loot pvp.

Eve is a terrible game for those who didnt start years ago, has so many more players than this game, and has a completely diffrent style and layout. You cant compare the two just bucause they both offer resources and are sandboxes, as someone who played eve, i know an elitest eve snob when i see one, one of the reasons i left, also the safe zones provided an area where those who stayed were weaker and at a disadvantage and needed a lot of hand holding to really experience the whole game. Also i think eve stopped growing a while ago, all you see are multi accounts growing. Theyve been masterful at retaining their community, however with a time based progression system not present in this game, its easy to see the reward in staying.

Im not even sure why im responding to a hopi troll...not sure your tribe leader is aware of the reputation your giving his tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Im not seeing the people who send me whispers full of curses and insults as adApting, i see it in their inventory, loaded with rare loot and tools.... mabey they would be so angry over losing their prescious loot if they had sprinted back to their basket and unloaded upon finding the loot...mabey they wouldnt be so mad if they had a friend patoling the area, if not just to give a heads up that some unknown is approaching.

A majority of the people i gank freak out like its the end of the world, most of the time they lose nothing in the process, its so silly how they can get all worked up over losing nothing in a damn video game... so no they are not adapting to the system. They are ignoring it, and instead come here and cry for more protections and more saftey, so they continue to ignore the ffa full loot pvp.

Eve is a terrible game for those who didnt start years ago, has so many more players than this game, and has a completely diffrent style and layout. You cant compare the two just bucause they both offer resources and are sandboxes, as someone who played eve, i know an elitest eve snob when i see one, one of the reasons i left, also the safe zones provided an area where those who stayed were weaker and at a disadvantage and needed a lot of hand holding to really experience the whole game. Also i think eve stopped growing a while ago, all you see are multi accounts growing. Theyve been masterful at retaining their community, however with a time based progression system not present in this game, its easy to see the reward in staying.

Im not even sure why im responding to a hopi troll...not sure your tribe leader is aware of the reputation your giving his tribe.
    Sorry, you are just trolling now.

First im hardcore PvEer, now im eve elitist snob...whats next.

Where has anyone asked for any protection outside small safe zone?

Again you mention adaptability. Well you dont adapt either, that kinda makes you equal.

Dont respond with trolling.

Speaking as 'the flapjack' who made that comment, may I simply point out it was offered as a potential, 'lore friendly' justification for making the initial game entry points safe zones.

Not the whole game.

Well, im getting more and more convinced that "Chaos server" should be setup, with absolutey no rules - total freedom for the players:

- kill anyone, anywhere, anytime with 0 consequences
    - terraform anywhere you want
    - all containers are set to public
    - pretty loose grief rules that only go to RL limit - racism and such
    - destroy any totem anytime you want
    - buildings can be destroyed anywhere, anytime

And let playerbase police themselves, absolutely no rules. no dev interventions. no protections of any kind. no restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    If the world does ever end and some of you carebears actually survive, good luck with that. "Uhm sir, we are in a safe zone, see that stick over their, that show that I am a part of this tribe and therefore you cannot kill me, but actually I can kill you."

You guys are unbelievable. You want to have a Post-Apocalyptic game in a land where there is no strife between players and tribes? Seriously? The quote below from some flapjack above puts the cherry on the sundae.

"So make it fit the lore. 'The gods have decreed this to be a place of peace - each god reluctantly agreeing that in exchange for the safe entry of their eventual adherents, potential adherents of their rivals can also be granted safe entry.'"
    thanks, well done.

... and im getting more and more convinced that members of a specific tribe should lower their voice a bit if you want more than 100 people to play this game

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    thanks, well done.

... and im getting more and more convinced that members of a specific tribe should lower their voice a bit if you want more than 100 people to play this game
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    If the world does ever end and some of you carebears actually survive, good luck with that. "Uhm sir, we are in a safe zone, see that stick over their, that show that I am a part of this tribe and therefore you cannot kill me, but actually I can kill you."

You guys are unbelievable. You want to have a Post-Apocalyptic game in a land where there is no strife between players and tribes? Seriously? The quote below from some flapjack above puts the cherry on the sundae.

"So make it fit the lore. 'The gods have decreed this to be a place of peace - each god reluctantly agreeing that in exchange for the safe entry of their eventual adherents, potential adherents of their rivals can also be granted safe entry.'"
    Hahaha, you must be real dark and bad ass behind that computer screen. If the apoc happens, people like you will be the first to be eaten. If you want reality, stop playing games. Trying to be dark and evil in a computer game does not equate to real life. Seriously, grow up. Do you honestly think, if you gank grief someone in a computer game, they are looking at you like you are some tough guy? They just see you as some childish moron. No one respects these people, except people like them. Here is some news for you. You are in the minority.

Any Ganker or Griefer who does not want severe consequences for there weak ass actions, is by definition a care bear. If any ganker is against being flagged for perma-death, they are the opposite of hardcore. Man you griefers have no valid arguements at all. All you ever do is blanket non-gankers as carebears, or haveing the dev team in thier back pocket. Funny, funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Well, im getting more and more convinced that "Chaos server" should be setup, with absolutey no rules - total freedom for the players:

- kill anyone, anywhere, anytime with 0 consequences
    - terraform anywhere you want
    - all containers are set to public
    - pretty loose grief rules that only go to RL limit - racism and such
    - destroy any totem anytime you want
    - buildings can be destroyed anywhere, anytime

And let playerbase police themselves, absolutely no rules. no dev interventions. no protections of any kind. no restrictions.
    You do realize no one would ever craft or build on such a server. With only one character per account, I doubt anyone would even create a crafter/builder character. No one can be on 24/7 to defend their things so it devolves into all characters setup for pvp with no totems/structures placed anywhere, such fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    You do realize no one would ever craft or build on such a server. I doubt anyone would even create a crafter/builder character. No one can be on 24/7 to defend their things so it devolves into all characters setup for pvp with no totems/structures placed anywhere.
    Well, they ask for it, and claim its just a matter of "players policeing themselves". Its sandbox nirvana they claim. I say let them at it and leave normal Xsyon server alone

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    You do realize no one would ever craft or build on such a server. With only one character per account, I doubt anyone would even create a crafter/builder character. No one can be on 24/7 to defend their things so it devolves into all characters setup for pvp with no totems/structures placed anywhere, such fun.
    You can call the zone...... Quake Zone ;-)