View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I voted no, but it seems that our tribe has been buged too, totem shows no info. tribe panel is kind of messed up (some bug or something We were all in a tribe and placed a totem and now shows some weird stuff like, no tribe name and place totem, no tribemembers. Wipe should indeed take place. (I retract my NO vote to YES)

The tribe showing no info isn't a bug. It's just major lag.

I'm all for a wipe after the problem is fixed. Our tribal leader lagged out over 15 times, and was bugged so that he couldnt place a totem. Someone else was able to place a random totem in the middle of the road, and now we have to look for a new spot. I'm not sure if its even a real totem, i click on tribe info and nothing pops up. Also, this is a pre-launch made by a small indie company; they've made a great game, and a small hiccup like this in no way lessens my belief in their ability as developers.

I dunno why people are bitching. There has been some EPIC & AMAZING PvP (player v provider) action tonight!!!

If anyone remembers/played Shadowbane, I would say this launch went rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    The tribe showing no info isn't a bug. It's just major lag.
    Actually its a bug, well kinda. If a totem shows no info when you try and check it, chances are your tribe also does not show bounderies when someone walks accross the borders. And, if those are both true, anyone can place a new non-broken totem there because yours is a phantom.

IF you have one of these, I highly recommend you rebuild your tribe and place again before someone does come up and steal your spot. If your tribe members all went to bed, go plant a homestead in the middle of the spot your tribe wants to at least try and hold the spot for them.

And yes, as a result of this, I have now started ot see in game several claim jumps happen, I did one myself by accident - didnt see thier totem behind the tree 20 yards from my new one.

So even if the data base isnt corrupted, this changes the whole worked for and everyone had it fair deal. Now, since that bug is there, some thought they got thier plot and may actually lose it due to the bug itself. That makes a wipe justifiable IMHO. Hate to see folks go to bed only to wake up and see thier claim owned by someone else and thier phantom totem just whiffin in the breeze for them.

I voted no, even with the bug just as the previous poster stated you can plant a new homestead/tribe totem within the residing area (our tribe had to do that). No harm to the people who were on for the pre-launch. my 2cents

voted yes, because it was unpossible for me, to do anything about a few hours, I spent the same money like all other people and want to have the same chance to start.
    So an other player ("solo") put a "Tribetotem" on the place, where I have tried to place a tote, for our tribe for hours.

I voted no, because the poll states "after they fix issues", which would mean that they correct the totem and tribe founding issues, the placing of multiple totems etc.

However, i am aware that a wipe might not be optional, but honestly- what would change if they wipe another time? The bandwidth is still the same, and if they announce the wipe, there'll be masses trying to login and play again. If they have to wipe again...they shouldn't disclose the time when it'll happen...yeah, i know, stupid for those who get to know that too late. But the only other options are facing the same problems again or wait until their host moves them to a higher bandwidth.