Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    "Suck or not.. atleast they work."

I would rather not play a game then one that sucks even if it's most polished in the world.

About the rest you are not that far off, many people just want to relax and don't need extra frustration. I'm not one of them, I like a challenge, reward is usually much higher

To be honest your jumping the gun by getting a refund honestly the did the right thing by giving us more time. That was. Nordic way of saying " we fucked up sorry well make it right" no Indy mmo has ever had a smooth launch day if it stays this bad for another month andd he goes silent then u can feel free to get a refund and shit talk the game. Also I don't think that some people have even the foggiest clue in the amount of work every little feature in xyson required elsewise I'd sit down and be patient

totem troubles

Well for now thats what I'm doing..

I'm watching several friends leave.. most are cashing out and putting that money towards rift. Most plan to come back if Xsyon is every fully functioning.

It seems so wierd a month ago the game was almost about to release things seemed more stable and there was talks about archery and other stuff almost ready to introduce. Now we are back to square one trying to harvest grass without lagging out and roll backs.

I am going to stay.. I hope others do as well.

This is forum is my only oulet for my frustration so I tend me be negative in my posts.

I do like the game It's fun as hell when the lag subsides and we aren't getting roll backs after the server drops.

On a side note when my friend did quit his totem stayed up preventing us from dropping in our same area again.. SOOoooo

He emailed customer support and was told that since his character wasn't deleted, the totem would stay put. The company dosen't "delete" accounts when they are turned off.
    The character is deleted when a new one is made on the same account and the totem does with the character. So we have a totem, that in their words, will stay put until someone gets around to manually removing unowned totems..

Right now I don't see that as a priority to them for a loooong time.

that's a pretty big bummer, refunded accounts should be deleted, especially their totems :/

It seems so wierd a month ago the game was almost about to release things seemed more stable and there was talks about archery and other stuff almost ready to introduce. Now we are back to square one trying to harvest grass without lagging out and roll backs.
    This is the really odd piece...when i got wind of the game, i checked it out, researched the forums, and every bit of research I did told me:
    - INCOMPLETE
    - Stable Gameplay
    - Huge, absolutely huge potential

based on this I sent out the bat signal, rallied the troops, and came on board with about a dozen folks, with a similar number sitting on the fence to see how it turns out...and again about that many that i could 'go get' if the game really panned out.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling a little bit stupid, and a little bit guilty now for putting 'my name' behind this and recommending it to folks. Over the window of recommending it, my recommendation went from:
    Summary:
    - Worth your time
    - Worth your money
    - Need to get more people in this game asap.
    This is the game we've been waiting for...it's not quite perfect, but it's pretty damned close, and appears to be headed in a direction to make it more so. AND, buy the game, get 2 months free game time to decide if you like it...not a bad deal.
    To:

xsyon, if you don't have $40 to blow, by all means don't buy it. This is in no way a finished product, and there is no guarantee that it will get close to where (the collective) we want it to be...it could even go in the total opposite direction.

BUT if the stars allign, and the devs actually *gasp* do what they say they want to do in a timely manner, well then it just might be great.
    My current position is just hoping the devs get it together and start making some progress in th enext 75 days. I don't think we'll be dropping any accounts, but based on current activity we'll definitely be losing actives who just don't want their time wasted...and unless we see dramatic improvement to stability AND progress toward implementing currently absent feautures, i would be very hard pressed to recommend that anyone put any more money towards the game...much less put any more of my own money towards it.

The game has incredible potential. The intended feature set is amazing. The design vision is remarkable consider the proclivity for everyone to try and make the 'next wow' by being, 'like wow but different!'...Having the cajones to try to bring a game modeled after UO into todays market is remarkable, and potentially very very lucrative. HOWEVER. All this great stuff will be for naught if they can't deliver on the most basic elements of the game.

I want to be engaged in drop down drag out carebear vs. gankersquad forum wars over what is the correct progression of the game...and i want to be having those discussions a year from now...hell 5 years from now (they never truly end ). So please, devs, circle the wagons and get your shit together, a game can not survive faith that something great might come from it.

Coca, I thing you have extremly valid points on your speech.

Im trully sorry that your friends are leaving and you're feeling like quitting too. I do believe however that all of you had false expectations. You've pre-ordered an Indie MMO expecting it to be like Rift/WoW and other big titles out there. You also played a few days of Beta, and one or 2 days of launch week, expecting it to be a smooth game working without a glintch. Its not like you have no right to complain. You do. If people feel let down they should leave. Problem here is why they feel let down.

On a side note I would like you or any of the other people here to explain me this sentence: "No one wants to be doing repitious tasks just to have it vanish and not count towards the final goal."

I fail to understand what "final goal" means in an MMO. Specially a sandbox MMO. This is not flaming, its just puzzling to the sort of player I am.

On a final note, on refunds I find it amazing that the Devs actually do it, since the ToS clearly states:

"12. Refund Policy:

Xsyon (the "Service") is an interactive multiplayer online game world provided by Notorious Games, a Nevada LLC. It is not a product purchase. There are absolutely no refunds given on the establishment of an account and subscription to the service. The service is non-transferable. The Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time. Signing up for the Xsyon service constitutes full acceptance of these Terms of Service and in accordance with these Terms of Service, Xsyon is a changing online world affected by the players. As such the world cannot be used as a free trial. Free trials will be offered separate from the paid Xsyon Service.

The Xsyon proprietary Game Client (the "Software") can be obtained as a free online download and is required for your usage of the Service. The software is a free download provided “AS IS.”

There will be no refunds issued should your computer fail to meet the minimum requirements to run the software or due to your dissatisfaction with the service."

If it was me, it would be No refund at all, no matter what...because, we all actually read this before acepting, right? It was that checkbox at the end before the "submit"

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    If it was me, it would be No refund at all, no matter what...because, we all actually read this before acepting, right? It was that checkbox at the end before the "submit"
    The problem is, if you offer a product, even adding "AS IS" and then you don't deliver a working product, you're liable. And even if the court did side with you, would you rather just give back $40 bucks, or try to fight it.

Sure, TOS is great to stand behind WHEN you have a working product. The intent of that section is to say, just because you didn't like how the working game turned out, you don't deserve a refund. If however, the company doesn't deliver and actual product that works, then it turns into potential fraud.

So sure, right now, he probably could stand behind his ToS, and someone could potentially bring up a small claims action against him. Does he want to spend the time and energy to defend his ToS? Probably cheaper to refund 40 bucks and move on.

I like to think however that he's giving refunds because he understands that people are frustrated, and he understands they aren't happy with it. That if he refunds now, in x time when it is stable, they are more likely to come back.

You can say no refunds as much as you want but as a binding agreement it's not worth the paper it isn't even printed on.

I mean, other than the morality or legality of not actually providing a product that people paid for (even if you honestly gave it a shot), payment processing companies probably don't give a damn about your EULAs or TOSs. If enough people are dissatisfied enough to get chargebacks through them instead of the vendor, it could look really really bad. Stuff like this doesn't do very much for goodwill either and is just plain bad for business. Allowing refunds is the least you can do for damage control.

I mean, it's not going to do good for your cashflow, but it's less likely to make people hopping mad and spread bad word of mouth to ruin xsyon's reputation. I'm sure if Xsyon gets where it needs to go, a lot of people who asked for refunds will buy the game again.

The devs aren't thieves, they know they should make money because people like what they do, not because people don't read fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven_Jance View Post
    Faith? this isn't religion...

Since Merdian 59, I have taken part in way, way too many closed alphas, closed/open betas and launches

The inherent lag issues relating to client and server sync are non-trivial and games purposely do not have certain features because of the level of technical feasibility this requires.

Many games take years to devise how to how to handle this around specific features- be they separate servers (for chat and NPC commerce), be they instances, etc.

In order to understand how to scale this, hence creating a product that accumulates customers, MMO companies purposely schedule open stress tests fo varying degrees.

There is a reason Rift launched with 100Ks of players almost without a hitch- they had the $ to do it. Obviously we support and hope that a few thousand people can make a game like this work, but the economics don't work out.

Darkfall took what - 7+ years to get the features they wanted almost lag free from their earliest game design?

I really hope this game succeeds, but it isn't gonna take faith, it is gonna take $
    Well said..... So, lets give them some money.... in good faith

From what I have read no one has had a problem getting a refund directly from emailing the company. I would try that before doing a charge back etc. Also, any CC company rep worth his salt should ask if you have tried to contact the company first.

A company also has time to challenge a charge back. . where as the direct refund option you are sure to keep your money.

They are keeping my money because I want to see the game work and I don't think taking money away from development at this point will help. I had tonnes of fun in beta (worth the $40 alone) and hope to see that again in the near future.

Excellent points though. .all.