Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    no i'm not saying all, i just am saying from experience in the past from other mmo's that died because of the pkers, most pure crafters will not want to put up with it no matter how good the system is.
    that is likely to be more true then I am willing to admit.

Random Pkers out in the world don't bother me. But if I end up having no safe place to store things and no safe place to craft, I'm not a crafter, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    but you shoot yourself in the foot when you guys kill the players that want to supply the goods and doesn't enjoy pvp, those players will end up quitting and then you yourself will end up having to do something you don't like such as crafting to supply yourself, this is where most ffa games fail, because the crafters will leave.
    Ok...why are these players in a ffa pvp full loot game? One kill and they quit? Sorry...they were not going to last very long regardless....im a nice griefer and follow honerable rules when doing so.

Its when i start getting angry whispers from them, that i circle back and give them a real reason to cry.

I would make the estimate that not one player has rage quit this game because they were ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Random Pkers out in the world don't bother me. But if I end up having no safe place to store things and no safe place to craft, I'm not a crafter, am I?

Without a pve'er to protect, and an unsafe tribe zone to partol...im not much of a pvper...am i?

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Ok...why are these players in a ffa pvp full loot game? One kill and they quit? Sorry...they were not going to last very long regardless....im a nice griefer and follow honerable rules when doing so.

Its when i start getting angry whispers from them, that i circle back and give them a real reason to cry.

I would make the estimate that not one player has rage quit this game because they were ganked.
    whose to say it's one kill? maybe they were already kill 10 times in the last hour before you came along and killed them? it's not one kill that makes them leave it is the constant action of getting killed that makes them leave while they are simply trying to enjoy the 95% of the game that is NOT pvp related.

regardless whether the pvp crowd admits it or not it is the pve crowd is what makes or break a mmo, there is a reason the PVE servers are more populare then pvp servers when seperated and there is a reason that there is no good sandbox FFA pvp mmo out there. The ones that are has a mechanic to prevent those that don't want to deal with the hassle a way of staying out of the fray such as high sec in eve online. i keep point to eve because they are the only ones that have implement full lot pvp correctly IMO

Yeah I like open pvp and siege warfare, but more along the lines of Lineage 2. Rarely there were any pks because of the consequences. Safe zones yeah, but you still got wars and things that were consensual.

Guys I think that after a few months when resources are dying in the near vicinity that you will see the pve/crafter side walking out into the wilderness without being able to avoid pvp of any magnitude.

DF may be "ok" now with the ganking/griefing etc. BUT AT THE START it was NOT OK. This is why the current system is an AMAZING idea. I think that a lot of pve and crafter types will get tired of the safe zone as will the pvp types. People will not protect noobs or make a witch hunt for griefers and gankers if they have yet to improve themselves and progress their characters. I'd love to fight back those people, but I'm not going to do it when I'm nowhere near satisfied with my own character. Maybe that's me... but I'm for sure not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Yeah I like open pvp and siege warfare, but more along the lines of Lineage 2. Rarely there were any pks because of the consequences. Safe zones yeah, but you still got wars and things that were consensual.

Guys I think that after a few months when resources are dying in the near vicinity that you will see the pve/crafter side walking out into the wilderness without being able to avoid pvp of any magnitude.

DF may be "ok" now with the ganking/griefing etc. BUT AT THE START it was NOT OK. This is why the current system is an AMAZING idea. I think that a lot of pve and crafter types will get tired of the safe zone as will the pvp types. People will not protect noobs or make a witch hunt for griefers and gankers if they have yet to improve themselves and progress their characters. I'd love to fight back those people, but I'm not going to do it when I'm nowhere near satisfied with my own character. Maybe that's me... but I'm for sure not alone.
    So you want so many restriction, in a sandbox, that nobody pk's? Terrible idea...and lineage was a horrible game.

terrible...just terrible idea...

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Its not about getting easy kills. I have no way to know how the player im jumping will react, of if hes got protection near by, or if hes actually a skilled pvper.

Its all about the unknown, and getting my ass handed to me, which happens, means that i remember that guy, and come back for the challange if i can find him
    Flipping a gank on it's head is one of the more enjoyable mmo experiences. Case in point: last night, while exploring the wilds of the Tahoe basin...
    Our merry band ported into squaw, and lo we were met by a pair of mighty noob slayers. Well our would be noob slayers were not expecting 5 log ins...so the pair focused on the first login (moi) who fought a valiant but otherwise futile battle against better equipped toons...but alas, all was not lost, for with his dying breath our hero summoned Friends who wrought beautiful vengeance upon the foul pvp L337zors. Their goods were divided amongs the merry band who then set out to...oh ,kill one again as he mistook their departure from the region as a signal to set ambush for future noobs...and then he was rendered nekkid.

it was a beautiful thing.

One thing about that the frothing at the mouth pve crowd misunderstands, is there is not a single type of 'pvp' player. Yes you've got your ganks...you also have your hunters, and your protectors, and your rpr's. The ganks are typically the smallest worry of the bunch, as they (typically) are the least organized, and tend to suffer from add (exceptions of course). Your gank will typically exploit an advantage when there is one, and run to the hills when (s)he senses any degree of parity or risk (otherwise known as mad skillz). Now the majority of your pvp crowd is in search of some type of challenge, whether that is territorial based, elitism (I KILLED ALL 100 of YOU WITH JUST 5 of US!!), pure bad blood (a lot of history with some us), or some combination of...it's about the challenge. Now, if you're in the way of that objective, you might have a problem (ie. don't be cryin if you allied with the wrong side)...otherwise, well there are typically bigger fish to fry.

Now the biggest danger in this environment is not the OMGPVPPLAYER...it is actually the carebear fearmonger pve player. Where, the pvp player, when faced with adversity will typically give it a go (the 'im yer huckleberry moment), the carebear will find every single friend, ally, animal, tree or rock that will help to come protect there pixels. of course the pvp players respond in kind (to both sides..enemy of my enemy all that) and, the zerg is born.

so. Fear not the PK or the PVP enthusiast, for he will not destroy your world...Fear the carebear, because when his pixels are in danger; he brings an end to all things his minions seek to ensure protection for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg called. He would like his justifications back.
    Hahahahahahaha

This is priceless!!!

I am SO looking forward to the open PVP. Good fight out their Crazy Moe, you owned me today.