Junk Pile Tribes

It would be nice if the game would disable the possibility of building tribes right on the junk piles. I have seen tribes build their camp on junk piles effectively destroying part of it and also gaining an enourmous advantage over other tribes. Having your territory on a junk pile allows them to attack players scavenging without the possibility to be attacked back.

The junk piles should be something tribes fight over but its simply not fighting anymore when you cannot attack them.

Hmmm fair enough that sounds reasonable.

Actually, I wish there was some other way. I really don't want to live on junk. It's sorta like living on a landfill.

There are so many pretty places I wish I could settle on in the mountains, and I would, even if it meant some long trips for junk. But the fencing issue stops me. If we were told we can't build on junk piles but tribes also can't cut off access to them with fences or dirt or pits, I'd be fine with it. I can sneak in and out of places no problem, and I don't mind risking getting killed and looted. But I can't ninja over a fence.

I'm skilling scavenging in hopes that the last time I had it fairly high and never found anything good or much of anything at all except off a junk pile was just bad luck, but I kind of think it's supposed to be next to impossible to craft right now without having access to a pile of junk or someone willing to bring you junk.

On the bright side, I don't think It'll take that long before I can get my skills high enough and enough tools made so I can move somewhere better, and a lot of people will stay put until the last of their junk is gone, so I bet there will still be good places to settle when I am ready to move.

so hows that going work for tribes building next to a junk pile?. covering a part of it? want make it so that the max border is not covering any junk ? good luck finding a spot to build then, about every single tribe will have to move then from their beta locations. also the homesteaders will ahve to move then. thus we end up whit a bigger clusterF then it is according to former complains on forum.

Its simple, right now junk will deplete quite fast but you forget theres tons and tons more junk in the mist... we drive the animals out into the mist..mist clears.we move due lack of resources , we drive the animals away again..mist clear..we move.. that is the survivors way of living in a world were resorces are scares untill the points we re-discover mining and farming and all other types of skills needed to replace the gaterer/hunter mentality.

this is part of the game, question is , can the game last long enough as it is 6-9months before we hit the pioneer stage or will we beat the game. I think the last and it probably will lead to renewable junk for a while..but eh..its not a huge big problem.

we can make it a problem tho.. just have to delay the game a week or two more..just start some spam about he issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    so hows that going work for tribes building next to a junk pile?. covering a part of it? want make it so that the max border is not covering any junk ? good luck finding a spot to build then, about every single tribe will have to move then from their beta locations. also the homesteaders will ahve to move then. thus we end up whit a bigger clusterF then it is according to former complains on forum.

Its simple, right now junk will deplete quite fast but you forget theres tons and tons more junk in the mist... we drive the animals out into the mist..mist clears.we move due lack of resources , we drive the animals away again..mist clear..we move.. that is the survivors way of living in a world were resorces are scares untill the points we re-discover mining and farming and all other types of skills needed to replace the gaterer/hunter mentality.

this is part of the game, question is , can the game last long enough as it is 6-9months before we hit the pioneer stage or will we beat the game. I think the last and it probably will lead to renewable junk for a while..but eh..its not a huge big problem.

we can make it a problem tho.. just have to delay the game a week or two more..just start some spam about he issue...
    Kind of figured those would be issues, and then of course if two tribes in the same area really detest each other, they'd probably be all over each other's junk piles from day one if there was no ability to protect them at all.

It's not a huge, awful tragedy for me to settle on junk as a homesteader, then move somewhere better as fast as I can, it's just not ideal. But then, if things are going to change in the future, and if I can craft and do whatever with the situation as it stands on launch day, it's not game breaking, either.

I do understand why people don't like to see others settling right on top of junk, though. I just haven't found a way to avoid it as a solo player that won't pretty much bring all game play to a screeching halt once I'm done putting a few walls up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    I doubt you will find endless resources just because we get mining, farming etc. Earth only has so many resources and we have already cut and will keep cutting deep into those resources until none are left.. I don't think you'll see it much different in Xsyon than it is mining etc in the real world .
    If you're smart you use resources that grows back or doesn't empty for various crafting/building areas .