Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No. Because we dont need another darkfall? Im a PvP'er and I am totally against have 2 different ruleset servers. I like the progression that jooky has planned out for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    why?
    a couple of reasons why I think it would be a bad idea:

1) I don't think the population will be great enough to handle multiple servers since they will keep adding new territories as populations grow.

2) If you open up the possibility of a multiple servers to handle PvP and PvE, then you have to entertain the thought of a European Server which would further dilute the population.

3) I believe that the whole lore of an apocolypic (I always spell that bloody word wrong) setting, make it so that strife would exist.

4) I believe that it would be ok for the PvE ppl to just exist with the environmental and trading aspect of things, I think it would have a big impact on the PvP server, because if the population is diluted, it really messes with the dynamic of interactions of the various tribes. IE, I believe alot of the solo players would move to the PvE servers. This might impact alliances that could have been formed. (I am obviously on the side of siege warfare, so this is a self serving reason)

The 1st two reasons are the main reasons I believe it to be a bad idea. Obviously this is just my opinion, but there you have it.

This would really kill the persistent, open world feel to the game. Maybe have some areas that will always have a degree of safety but much lesser resources, so tribes who move out to defend their lands get the bonuses that come with it. Splitting the game into PvP and non PvP servers kind of kills the whole idea of Xsyon, a world where you have to learn how to survive along with others, a true open world.

It would suck if half of this game became naked people ganking each other, and the other was a glorified multiplayer minecraft.

1) I don't think the population will be great enough to handle multiple servers since they will keep adding new territories as populations grow.

Xsyon already said his engine/game does not support this.

2) If you open up the possibility of a multiple servers to handle PvP and PvE, then you have to entertain the thought of a European Server which would further dilute the population.

I am not entertaining the thought of 2 of the same server. Just 1 with no safe zones.

3) I believe that the whole lore of an apocolypic (I always spell that bloody word wrong) setting, make it so that strife would exist.

Right now true strife does not exist, and it cannot. Only mindless ganking and grieving. 1 group of players treat this as a building sim. The others treat it as sims PK fest - because that is the only PvP outlet atm.

4) I believe that it would be ok for the PvE ppl to just exist with the environmental and trading aspect of things, I think it would have a big impact on the PvP server, because if the population is diluted, it really messes with the dynamic of interactions of the various tribes. IE, I believe alot of the solo players would move to the PvE servers. This might impact alliances that could have been formed. (I am obviously on the side of siege warfare, so this is a self serving reason)

Pvpers need content. By removing the safe zones you give them that content. They look at and construct their tribe territory thru totally different perspective than somone who is not concerned with PvP. PvE'rs on the flip side do the exact same thing. PvPer's take the fortification/secure way of building (they don't care what it looks like, their concern is defense/security), where as PvEr's take the more artistic approach. 2 completely different types of players, 2 completely different world builds.

The 1st two reasons are the main reasons I believe it to be a bad idea. Obviously this is just my opinion, but there you have it.

I can absolutely respect that. This is a friendly discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    It would suck if half of this game became naked people ganking each other, and the other was a glorified multiplayer minecraft.
    Without 2 rulesets I am very afraid this will happen. It's happening now. Thus my inspiration to create this topic. With a wipe coming, perhaps we can help change things.

I don't agree with removing safezones untill we'll get defensive sturctures in game. We have to be able to keep our non combat members safe.

I don't like the idea for conquering other tribes, I don't want to see months of my work as an architect taken by someone else just becouse they decide to destroy my tribe.
    Things like that should be possible with mutual agreement when declaring war. Extension lands with resources should be the ones we fight for and those we should be able to counquer declaring war on other tribe with or without their agreement.

edit: Ofcourse I don't have a problem with breaking other tribes defences, and raidng their towns, thats why we build them. If there is no threat we don't need them.

edit2: hehe I went off topic and forgot to write about 2 rulesets. I don't like it, population is too small PvE server would be boring and PvP server would missout on many other game features it's a waste of Jooky's time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Without 2 rulesets I am very afraid this will happen. It's happening now. Thus my inspiration to create this topic. With a wipe coming, perhaps we can help change things.
    I agree that this is happening now. In my opinion what would stop this to a certain extent is to make starting items unlootable. I think this would reduce the amount of griefing against new players. With the removal of safe zones, I think this would be extremely important for new players. Because if new players are griefed and all of their tools/clothes are taken and they have no idea what to do next, nor have the ability to do much, many potential players will simply leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I don't like the idea for conquering other tribes, I don't want to see months of my work as an architect taken by someone else just becouse they decide to destroy my tribe.
    And this is exactly why we need 2 rulesets. There is no way possible the 2 can exists on one server because of what Yoori just said, and she shares a lot of the same opinions. It's perfectly normal and ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramanu View Post
    stick with one server, if EVE can do it then so can we.
    Since I am a little unclear as to how the PvP works in this game, is it anything like EVE? EVE has safe areas, but does Xsyon? The second I logged in for the first time the other day I was killed by someone.

If there are safe spots, can someone explain that or point me to a faq that does? I don't mind the safe spots -- if anything, that represents police/law enforcement when tribes reach a certain level.

NO SPLIT!! final answer

Big C from perpetuum?