Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Imo there needs to be an afk switch... a small window that pops up at random intervals with a small random string that needs to be entered into the afk manager. If you don't enter the string correctly you get logged out. I have seen many games do this and it works great. This would help with afk macro'ers.
    would be awesome to have a big window pop up in the middle of the fight (i mean later when it might take skill).
    or when you accidently type wrong and get logged out...

or how you will fucking nerdrage and throw your monitor out of the window because of these
    retarded useless windows that pop up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luculus View Post
    Well I agree with your useless suggestion Stundorn.
    Let me add another agreement.

Some people seemed to have approached Xsyon exactly as the same way they approached Darkfall. Macro, exploit, repeat actions meaninglessly so the can 'level up' and get some sort of unnatural edge over other players. This thereby creates a world full of people who are prepared to do the same, and people who want to relax, play and enjoy get forced to the sidelines and usually out of the game completely.
    The "Darkfallisation" of Xsyon started full force around mid February. The sad part is that I could not see any reaction from the developers and the moderators of this board to try to avoid it. I cannot even blame the Darkfallers.

Xsyon's game mechanics at the moment are very similar to Darkfall, or at least to what Darkfall had been, I do not follow the developments over there. Xsyon has FFA PvP with loot without any meaningful alignment and without any consequences. Even worse, the attacker enjoys an advantage in combat. No small wonder that people who enjoy the style come here.

There's two main solutions afaik - code it to make it impossible or make the difference between a fully 'macroed' character and a normally played one minimal. ...
    Here I disagree. I believe it is impossible to code a game in a way that can never be exploited. It's certainly impossible to do so for a small independent developer. On the other hand, if you remove the difference between a new and a developed character you also remove character progression, a staple of the MMORPG genre and a very important motivator for many people.

Whenever you have a game with FFA PvP you will get people that want to win at all costs, including cheating, macroing, exploiting, whatever. The only way not to have those people is not to have FFA PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Im at the keyboard bra running into a rock for 28hrs now, don't tell me im macroing or afk.
    i ask me a question: what was first stupidity and then running against the wall or running against the wall and then stupidity
    28hrs ? be serious you have a problem.

edit: i called this thread useless, because its useless to discuss or suffer about that.
    Its reality of gaming, people who need to shape in or with games are real, dont worry, have fun. If they kill my game, i'll leave and have fun with other games. simple as that.

Imo there needs to be an afk switch... a small window that pops up at random intervals with a small random string that needs to be entered into the afk manager. If you don't enter the string correctly you get logged out. I have seen many games do this and it works great. This would help with afk macro'ers.

If that ever gets implemented, I am out of here.

I have thought a lot about this. As someone who came from pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies where you might have had to grind 20+ professions to Master level in order to unlock your force sensitive character slot, I became familiar with Macro programs. This was mostly because two of professions I had to finish were Master Armorsmith and Master Weaponsmith which were two of the most time consuming things you could ever do. I used macroing to get me through those professions, but it really wasn't something I used much in the game ever again.

Here's the thing about macroing:

1) Macroing his hard/impossible to stop for reasons I won't share here as to not give more people more ideas.

2) The ability for a player to macro is a game-play problem. It means you have a very simple, repetitive and boring game play mechanic with little or no player interaction required. Code your game so that it is actually interactive and engaging, and people won't try to macro it much.

3) Not much in Xyson seems to be very macroable, and most of what I have seen people doing now (run, jump, forage, hide, etc) only works because combat is turned off. You won't see as many people tuning out of the game when the real danger of death is looming around every rock and tree.

At the end of the day, the way to defeat macroing is to make the game more interactive and fun. The more this is the case, the less people will want to try to exploit it. Make it boring, grindy, static and non-interactive, and you reap what you sow.

Just make running/swimming/hiding level up by distance traveled and hiding level up by time hiding around the number of neutral or enemy players that are within 50-100 meters or so.

It's kind of true that the "lack of actions" right now are making many impatient players actually grind skills instead of just playing the game and obtaining proficiency with skills that way. I know that that might be harder in architecture lol. Still...

If you see a macroer, report them and move on.

Please dont do this. I dont need some fing window popping up when I'm in a fight that will log me off if I don't see to it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    You won't see as many people tuning out of the game when the real danger of death is looming around every rock and tree.
    naked macroers are really in danger we should protect them

its not a lack of gamemechanics. its the lack of phantasy that players have while they play, the lack of real rpg interaction between players and the inability of people to immerse into worlds build by developers. higher, faster, bigger no real fun and relaxed immersing gameplay, but competition and lucre.
    Why does a player run 28hrs against a wall, afk or not? Because he need his running skill at max, for what? to run faster than others, for what, to be better, because he cant accept that he is lacking something. Poor Individuals, running all their time a rat race and cannto calm down. At the end they win nothing, but destroyed other peoples game - poor, sad and anoying.

Instead of banning people for macroing, games should be designed to be more interactive or less emphasis should be put on acquiring that skill-up. There are ways to make the system better than just click and wait.