Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/cancelxs.jpg
    Is a link to my account page.
    I pay with credit and there is a cancel link (circled it)

Hope it helps though I am sorry to see you go
    Thats interesting, my account page looks very different.
    http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/z...12/account.jpg

As you can see, there is no cancel link, and all of the dates are incorrect. Probably its because I bought the game more than a year ago, and my CC has expired since then.

My problem is the opposite than the OP's...since I have a new credit card now, I need to renew my subscription, but the Add Subscription page says its only for canceled ones. So I have to cancel first then renew....but I can't cancel so don't know what to do now.

Jad,

You bought before we switched over to the new account system. Because of this your subscription had to be added manually as did anyone else who bought before 12/09/10

It does not show a cancel button because you do not have a recurring subscription. Once the 1st of June comes around you will be required to purchase a subscription.

We could not completely transfer your payment over because we do not store credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Thats interesting, my account page looks very different.
    http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/z...12/account.jpg

As you can see, there is no cancel link, and all of the dates are incorrect. Probably its because I bought the game more than a year ago, and my CC has expired since then.

My problem is the opposite than the OP's...since I have a new credit card now, I need to renew my subscription, but the Add Subscription page says its only for canceled ones. So I have to cancel first then renew....but I can't cancel so don't know what to do now.
    If I go into "My Account," the first page I get to has a "downloads" section on the right. First option under that is "Update CC info."

If I click on that, it does look like I could update my credit card. I would try it completely but don't want to screw up my subscription.

Hope that works for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Jad,

You bought before we switched over to the new account system. Because of this your subscription had to be added manually as did anyone else who bought before 12/09/10

It does not show a cancel button because you do not have a recurring subscription. Once the 1st of June comes around you will be required to purchase a subscription.

We could not completely transfer your payment over because we do not store credit cards.
    Thanks for the info !

@Book: thanks for trying to help Unfortunately on my account page there is no 'Update CC info' link.

Jad,

If you don't want to lose the players you still have, you had better make some real improvements before you start charging a sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    If you don't want to lose the players you still have, you had better make some real improvements before you start charging a sub fee.
    This seemed unnecessary given the tone of this thread.

7. 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Wow you quitting? Its getting bad in here.
    na, just making sure I got a cancel button just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Well, to avoid this we could of collected everyone's credit card numbers and stored them on our own database however we felt that was not the best route to take.

When we switched to our new payment system we also had to switch our credit card processing company's system we were using and they didn't have the ability to transfer information from one to the other.

So, to allow for a better payment system and paypal that was the sacrifice we had to take, which we felt, was more then worth it. No one lost anything just that those who made a prior purchase have to subscribe on the first of June.

Again Jaz,

You don't have the update credit card option because there is no credit card info to update.

I hope this clears things up for everyone.

double post

boomer, you are under the same situation as jaz so you won't have one because you don't have a subscription.

Well, to avoid this we could of collected everyone's credit card numbers and stored them on our own database however we felt that was not the best route to take.

When we switched to our new payment system we also had to switch our credit card processing company's system we were using and they didn't have the ability to transfer information from one to the other.

So, to allow for a better payment system and paypal that was the sacrifice we had to take, which we felt, was more then worth it. No one lost anything just that those who made a prior purchase have to subscribe on the first of June.

Again Jaz,

You don't have the update credit card option because there is no credit card info to update.

I hope this clears things up for everyone.
    Yeah I was kind of hoping this was the case, thanks virtus that pretty much solves everything.