View Poll Results: I want a seperate server with no safe zones.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • Yes please

13 61.90%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    wow dude, you didn't read what I quoted did you? Xsyon explicitly stated that tribe switches/toggles were never planned. If you read what he said, It is actually long-sighted for tribes near the lake to have protection, as a baseline, pretty much the aim of prelude. You could compare that to High sec space in eve. In my view it seems that expansions outward will be more dangerous and (probably) more valuable, which is attractive to both pvp'rs and 'carebears'.

I also completely agree, the alignment system should be meaningful. And from what I know it is planned to be. Stand back and look at xsyon, and appreciate the logic
    I read exactly what you quoted and wrote. You replied by saying that the only reason you can see someone not wanting safe zones is to be able to get "easy kills'. While that may be true for some, it's not true for everyone, especially when you factor in town conquest.

---

river -

Me quoting what a lot of you imply was never meant to be doesn't mean it's the only thing I enjoy doing. If that was the case, I'd only play DF... Or Quake. Many of us are looking for more depth, and that includes PvP.

I read exactly what you quoted and wrote. You replied by saying that the only reason you can see someone not wanting safe zones is to be able to get "easy kills'. While that may be true for some, it's not true for everyone, especially when you factor in town conquest.
    Thankyou for reading exactly what I quoted and wrote. I'm going to assume you agree and understand now, because you are happy to leave it. Yes, I do think the only reason someone would not want safe zones as of now is because factoring in a game mechanic nowhere near implementation is not very relative.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I am just trying to be clear, and understand your point of view.

Carebears, will be Carebears. Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Thankyou for reading exactly what I quoted and wrote. I'm going to assume you agree and understand now, because you are happy to leave it. Yes, I do think the only reason someone would not want safe zones as of now is because factoring in a game mechanic nowhere near implementation is not very relative.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I am just trying to be clear, and understand your point of view.
    But... It could be to get some loot from the person, keep them from gathering so their town creation (or empire in the making) is a slower process... Things of that nature. Those are legitimate reasons.

Hmmm, a very contentious issue indeed.

Here is what I believe to be the current state of affairs.

*. The game is FFA pvp
    * The game while it has pvp, it is not intended to be the primary objective
    *. After prelude there will be a tribal warfare system, of which little is known yet
    *. Based on what I'm reading, safe zones will eventually disappear (I think)

If these things are true, then I don't think any side that is 'it needs to be a hardcore pvp game' or 'it needs to be a purely pve game' will ever be happy. The fact is that there is supposed to be a happy medium that MOST ppl will enjoy. I for one like this and plan to avail myself in world building, tribal warfare, the occasional pvp ambush, and every other aspect the game has to offer.

Actually, after further thought i think these guys should have thier PvP server. On that server there will be no constructed walls, every tribe will be surounded by 15 foot high terraformed walls. There wont be any buildings except those needed to protect thier items from decay, and those will be the easiest to construct only. There will be no fear of a totem being destoryed because it will also be protected by a 15 foot high terraformed wall with no way in to it without a shovel and a bucket full of dirt (this will be hidden someplace in the woods far enough away to not be found or lost). There wont be any need to worry about scrap pile depletion, because goods will be recycled from player to player, with half of them running around naked with starter weapons. Eventually, a few tribes will realize they dont even need to be in a tribe, all they need is Teamspeak. SO they will disband thier tribes and go it solo on homesteads so they can plop one down where ever they need to dig a pit or build a wall, only to abandon it again so its ready to place in 6 hours when they need to dig another pit or build another wall. Trees will be cut down but not chopped up or utalized so there will be ample ambush/hiding spots. In 2 months the landscape will resemble a modern paintball tournament field, dirt walls and pits everywhere.

In about 6 months, the PvP crowd will bore of thier pantball game and want somethign more to do. So they will abandon the PvP server and reroll on the PvE server so they can spark it up some after Prelude ends. This is good for them, as they got all kinds of fresh meat to hunt, exctiting again. Not so good for Notorious Games though, who had to foot the bill for the additional hardware and ISP pipes, but hey, what do the players care right? They payed thier $40 up front and thier $15 a month for thier entertainment. Who gives a damn about NG!

Ok, well maybe it will work afterall, I say do it for them - I just wanna see screenshots of the mess they are gonna make in thier sandbox.

Hey all. Would you all mind going to my "suggestion" post in the suggestion thread and submitting your thoughts/ideas on the idea I had for a PvP system. I'd appreciate it a lot.

For those about to Troll me, I salute you. ;P

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...6852#post46852

please....in 1 month players from normal will be bored and theyll come to the pvp to find is much more amusing and rewarding.

as i said in another thread i've also had a change of heart

I've changed my mind after some thought, i'd rather them bring up another server to be in chaos mode so most of the gankers will head over there and real pvp players that intend to use the features as they should instead of just ganking everyone on sight can be on the main server. I'd rather have a smaller population than be ganked every 5 minutes as happens in most games like DF, MO and so far xsyon.