Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My opinion on scrap piles for incoming wipe

You shouldn't be able to own a scrap pile considering you can't fight the tribe for the resources that everyone needs.

With Tribe territories being safe zones the scrap piles should be outside the tribal territory where everyone can put up a fair fight for the resources we all need.

There are many ways to exploit this, so I'm not going to list them for people that don't realize it.

Basically they are. I have gone through other tribes scrap piles starting out just to see if you can.

You act like there 3 scrap piles out there.

Quote Originally Posted by outfctrl View Post
    Basically they are. I have gone through other tribes scrap piles starting out just to see if you can.
    you can take from their pile, but they can kill you while you are doing it and you can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishFUNK View Post
    it's not the point of how many- the point is if tribe zones are safe havens then they shouldn't imo be able to have resources inside their zone.

^^^ This qfex3

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    you can take from their pile, but they can kill you while you are doing it and you can't do anything about it.
    Sure they can, but they have to catch you first. Scope area out, wait till dark, sneak in, do a little scrapping, then sneak out. It is that simple. It seems like anything goes in this game now, why not steal? You can kill people and loot them for everything, right?

You shouldn't be able to own a scrap pile considering you can't fight the tribe for the resources that everyone needs.

With Tribe territories being safe zones the scrap piles should be FFA.
    So big tribes will be able to send out droves of raiders all day every day to pillage the scrap heaps in other tribe lands, and if a small tribe or solo player or a big tribe with only a few people online tries to fight back, the entire raiding party can kill the defender and trot off to the next pile? Okay. But you all go evil as soon as you touch the heap. You don't even get to wait to be attacked. You're just all evil, as is your tribe, and your tribe land, and it takes a long, long time to change alignment, and any good player will get extra items for raiding your scrap heap, while neutral players can come raid you with no repercussions (but evil aligned players cannot). And while we're at it, how about your storage bins and buildings become attackable and lootable, day or night, regardless of who is online from your tribe and who is not. In a real struggling community, even a loose-knit one divided into tribes, people would organize and hunt down the raiders and take or destroy whatever they have. If the community failed to do so, the raiders would take over everything, and soon there wouldn't be tribes anymore, there would be a country.

it's not the point of how many- the point is if tribe zones are safe havens then they shouldn't imo be able to have resources inside their zone.
    Why?

Its because keiths tribe failed to claim one. I doubt he would have this opinion otherwise.