Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

You (anti-pvp'ers) should have thought about this before you summoned half of darkfalls player base.
    We are all vicious bastards who feed off other players grief. Therapy don't seem to help, either.

On a more serious note, I think the Xsyon player base will find its natural balance on itself. When crafters and gatherers get careless and ripe for lootin', PKers will appear. When they do, cities will increase their defence as a response, anti-PK'ers will appear to loot PK'ers and so on. If we will get a chaos-like state in which everyone PKs everyone else, that's just temporary. DF isnt like that, it has a certain degree of stability in spite of it being a full loot game. Every player is subject to a kind of balance, my guess is Xsyon will not be different.

Besides, crafters get better karma.

At least for right now, most of the people who voted want their safe zones.
    - Until players have the ability to secure their stuff, i actually agree. gates, doors, drawbridges , NPC guards? I completely agree with the safe zone concept. Current you can /stuck into someones house (or just walk in actually) look for anything of value and leave. If they remove the safeguard you can do the same thign but slaughter the guy inside that was focused on turning cloth scraps to thread, to twine, to argghh...which of course, after he dies, you would be able to camp his town and he'd have absolutley no recourse. Not good balance.

Until playyers can have the ablity to defend against incursion, safe toggle shouldnt be off.

Once we can...well if you haven't property prepared your house, your just lazy, and you deserve it...rules o' da sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    - Until players have the ability to secure their stuff, i actually agree. gates, doors, drawbridges , NPC guards? I completely agree with the safe zone concept. Current you can /stuck into someones house (or just walk in actually) look for anything of value and leave. If they remove the safeguard you can do the same thign but slaughter the guy inside that was focused on turning cloth scraps to thread, to twine, to argghh...which of course, after he dies, you would be able to camp his town and he'd have absolutley no recourse. Not good balance.

Until playyers can have the ablity to defend against incursion, safe toggle shouldnt be off.

Once we can...well if you haven't property prepared your house, your just lazy, and you deserve it...rules o' da sandbox.
    Oh I'm not lazy, no worries there, I'll be the most security obsessed little homesteader you've ever met. My worry is that defenses will be possible only for large Tribes, which will kill my preferred playstyle. Or that the defenses will be no more effective against an organized attack than wet tissues.

But virtual hard work doesn't scare me. Nope. No sir! It's that other kind that bothers me!

/stuck needs to be removed. It has too much potential for grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    /stuck needs to be removed. It has too much potential for grief.
    Agreed. Was it really that bad of an issue to begin with? From a technical perspective, with this game and all the dynamic involved (construction and terraforming), the unstuck code is almost impossible to bulletproof without leaving an exploit. I would comment out the code for the unstuck command for now. That's a good call. You can come back and address it later.

i agree with the abuse potential...you do still have the whole falling into a whole and not being able to get out problem.

mind you that could be pretty funny...a man trap. dig a hole, cover it with grass, put some spike sticks at the bottom. hehe that's some pk raid defense

/unstuck has about as much abuse potential as mobil safezones.

Perhaps /unstuck should be a /suicide instead...not back to the totem but back to founders island or something....mabey even a random start zone so its really a pain to have to use

Would also prevent people like me from moving my totem around to dig trap holes everywhere. using the unstuck to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

Perhaps /unstuck should be a /suicide instead...not back to the totem but back to founders island or something....mabey even a random start zone so its really a pain to have to use

Would also prevent people like me from moving my totem around to dig trap holes everywhere. using the unstuck to get out.
    You clever little fiend!

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

Honestly has anyone fallen in any of your traps and if so, next time youtube it.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    Honestly has anyone fallen in any of your traps and if so, next time youtube it.
    Just me i think =(