Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I really wanted to be nice, but any of you who have been saying chat can cause bandwidth problems, I have one thing to say to you:

L O L

Text=1kb per 50 words or more

Considering that we likely have 20-200 people trying to DL at any given time, each going (for example) 500kb/s, the chat is using about....2kb/s, if that. The downloads are using 10,000-100,000kb/s

Quote Originally Posted by carlosfc1986 View Post
    remove global text it may be causing some lag also! wtf fix this or tell us if u can fix it or we wait for the servers..., we payed u our money!
    Congrats on the most ridiculous post ive seen on the forums yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fishFUNK View Post
    Congrats on the most ridiculous post ive seen on the forums yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dothackking View Post
    I really wanted to be nice, but any of you who have been saying chat can cause bandwidth problems, I have one thing to say to you:

L O L

Text=1kb per 50 words or more

Considering that we likely have 20-200 people trying to DL at any given time, each going (for example) 500kb/s, the chat is using about....2kb/s, if that. The downloads are using 10,000-100,000kb/s
    *cough* EARTHRISE HAS MASSIVE LAG BECAUSE OF CHAT *cough*

should'a, would'a, could'a seems to be the gist of what i'm hearing from all of the backseat drivers. Most ppl don't know what the rational, decision points, resources, limitations that have gone into making the decisions they are making. If you expect 50 ppl, but you plan for 100, but you get 1000 downloads, then you made contingency, but even that was blown away. Doesn't mean they didn't plan for it, however, it does mean that the net result is negative in terms of the current architecture to handle it.

As far as Xsyon passing the buck, I would have to disagree. If you state a reason something isn't working, it isn't passing the buck. Its stating a fact on the current situation. We were moved into a facility that was supposed to be the high end facility, but instead we were moved into a mid grade facility, is definitely not passing the buck. Its the current state of affairs. Its an explanation, not an excuse.

Obviously there are things that the devs could have done better, but i've seen much worse launches. Yes we all paid money for it and expect a game to be near perfect at launch, but the fact is, in 99% of the cases this doesn't happen. Even big budget devs such as blizzard have had trouble during launch. Yes even the mighty WoW had issues at launch. Be upset; be frustrated; be anxious; be human, but don't rage quit, or rage bash because it simply doesn't make sense IMO.

The truth is that you guys are mad you can't ever get laid, and you take it out on these poor developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    The truth is that you guys are mad you can't ever get laid, and you take it out on these poor developers.
    I would have just said troll, but in other posts you actually have some intelligent discourse.

So I'll just say, haha, kthnx for trying and leave you be.

I'm more than willing to give the Xsyon team some slack. A few days play more or less doesn't really matter that much.

I'm glad that new players enter the game, I'm quite impressed with Xsyon's (Jooky?) communication towards us players, game and client has worked remarkably stable for me until the recent problems, the game is a fresh breeze in the genre. With all these positive things (well done, Xsyon) I can easily deal with a few days of chaos.

If you ever work in IT if anything is fixed within a week you can call it a blessing, it takes time, a lot of time for things to go through, servers take time to be shipped let alone set up.

My whole point to this thread is..

If it takes a week to get a new server,

Then he should have ordered the server a week ago.. better yet two weeks ago so he could test it once he has it set up.

Saying "omg we got all these new customers the day before and it overwhelmed us we had no idea" is total BS..

I've been in game I've been watching people pour into this over the last two weeks, I've been watching the buzz and word of mouth on game sites. Do you mean to tell me I am better informed about how many copies they are selling than they are?

This is not some surprise that snuck up on them, they knew what wipe day, head start day was, they knew the numbers of pre-orders they were selling, and if they had any experience they would have known there would be a last day sales spike there always is on every game.

If you buy into this crap that they sold so many pre-orders yesterday its crashing the server then you need to wake up. This excuse is just an excuse for either being cheap, lazy, or inexperienced.

Yes I like the game, yes I like the devs, yes I like the guides.. that said as I said before I do not like common-sense mistakes.

If you use a host that doesnt have servers in reserve then you are using a bad host. What would have happened if the game server box took a hardware dump the day of launch? Now we set without a game server for a week or so because there host is stupid an has to order new hardware in?

Come on people this isnt the 90's anymore. There are quality hosting companies out there that believe in customer satisfaction and a quality service. They can drop in and out boxs as needed within min's of you putting in the request.

We have cloud hosting now where you can instantly scale up and down the hardware on your server with nothing more then a restart of the OS and a click of a button in the control panel.

I like the dev team and greatly enjoy the game. But this should never have been a issue. All resources and expenses should have went out the door when they noticed sales increasing at a fast rate.

This is one type of publicity this game doesnt need and is getting hammered all over the gaming websites for. The damage is being done and is done to an extent. Something already should have been done to help fix the ingame issues. If that means limiting the number of people that can be downloading the game. Then so be it. If it means turning off the game server and letting people download. Then so be it. But leaving it as it is now is doing WAY more damage then any good / benefit.