Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
    I have the same problem, there is no way one can get in...

Tribal areas to no cross.

No gaps in walls

But occasionally I will watch him walk through the gate, when its closed...

I have walls surrounding me ( Scavenger board walls ) no gaps, But I can watch this Rev agro me through the walls, and sometimes run around my tribe looking for an open door or just talk right through it if it isnt....

////////////////////////////////////

This is not me complaining about a hard mob, The AI and pathing used for these mobs is extremely questionable.

1. Distance for agro is giant its literally a tribe and a halfs distance.
    2. They agro without LOS. ( Line of Sight ) Trees, buildings, walls blocking LOS do not matter...
    3. When they do agro its like they run up to your walls and run straight at them till server desync happens and they glitch through..
    4. They encroach on Tribal Lands without being provoked, ( I have one the nonchalantly walks in my gate doent attack and takes a nap at my Totem ) WTF are you serious
    5. They are chasing you nearly half a zones distance, still hitting and running with no endurance. Really come on..
    6. Ok I get the stronger thing, but original one Spawn @ 150hp / raped a few people died @ 192hp fully geared / Respawn at 196 hp no gear to speak of and is over 205 hp now... At this rate 23% ish growth in stats he will be unbeatable before long then what.

Sit down with him next to my camp fire at my Totem. say make it quick...
    1) Distance is low for me. I see no problem with them aggroing from 50m or more away.
    2) I think this is ok also because you can consider sound also. Not really all that important, and it adds to the game to me.
    3) Glitching through the walls Ive not seen yet, but that is a major issue.
    4) I dont have a problem with them wondering around the world a bit, I'm glad they do.
    5) I've not had a problem with this as if you open the gap a little (5 to 10m) they will stop following. The no endurance has been an issue with all animals.
    6) What you consider "Unbeatable" is not really true at all. I love that they grow stronger. My problem is still they are everywhere, so new players like yourself have to deal with the same ones as vets like me. I dont know where they are going to put the balancing marker, because right now they are very hard for new players like you, but very very easy for old players like me. So neither of us are getting the fun out of them.

The revs are a good challenge for me with my skill for Armed and Axe in the mid 30's. It requires me to have good timing, deft movements and use of the terrain to survive the difficult fights. I like it.

One thing I did notice though... I was killed by a packed a revs and watch one equip a few of my bone armor items. I ran back to reclaim my gear, but and the graphic of the armor was not visable on the rev anymore. I recovered the armor after I killed the rev.

Small critters should not be so aggressive. In packs, they can be very annoying, especially if you are low on health from fighting another animal or Revenant.

So far here are issues:

1) Revenant aggro range and chasing
    This has been reduced and chasing has been revised so that creatures including revenants will stop chasing based on time and distance from their home location. Is there any feedback on the current state of aggro ranges and chasing?

2) Revenants going through walls.
    We investigated this and revenants were actually going over walls by using the terrain. If any of you have seen revenants directly going through walls please report it with a location.

3) Revenants going through gates.
    This is possible if a revenant is chasing you at close range based on timing. This is because our pathfinding grid on the server (which includes open and closed gates) is on a 1 meter grid. To increase the resolution of this grid isn't practical. We are devising a better way to deal with gates. For now, if you close a gate with enough space between you and the chasing creature, they should be locked out.

4) Small creature aggression.
    Please post more info here. What creatures seem too aggressive? Did they aggro on their own, or did they aggro after you attacked first. Currently rats are aggressive. Pine Martins and Marmots are neutral and other small creatures are non aggressive. However, if you attack first, they will attack you and their friends will join in. I believe this is what is happening as the smallest critters are set to very low aggression unless you attack. If you have seen the smallest creatures aggro unprovoked, please report it.

5) Revenant armor not displaying. I will look into this.

6) Invisible creatures. This was an old issue that was fixed, but we will again examine the code.

7) Line of Sight. This is in progress as we can't use our current pathfinding system with 1 meter resolution to prevent aggro based on blocked line of sight.

8) Creature damage. There are high level creatures (even small creatures) and low end revenants, so yes there can be some small creatures that do higher damage than revenants.

9) Creatures running up slopes. Currently creatures can walk up any terrain slopes. This was done to avoid problems with creatures getting stuck. This will be revised again in the future.

I think I covered the main points mentioned. If there is further new feedback, it is welcome. If I missed anything, please point it out as well. To sum up a few of these issues are being worked on currently, a few were resolved and a few require more testing and information.

Thanks!

1) I believe the current range of aggro is fine, I believe the current chasing range is fine.
    2) Never seen a Rev go through a wall, or over them infact.
    3) Gates have been working fine for me in keeping Revs out.
    4) Small animals (marmots, rats, squirrels, babies etc) attack me without me attacking them. They also aggressive from 20+meters away.
    5) Rev armor is not displaying when they PICK up armor. Their own armor is displaying fine.
    6) Ive been attacked by many invisible stuff since the patch. No idea what they were.
    7) I dont see this as a problem. Animals and other things can use things like hearing or smell. I see no issue with that being the case in effect here.
    8) I think some of the smaller animals need to be looked at for balance in damage. Even the largest marmot shouldnt be hitting for 10 points of damage to an armored target.
    9) I believe this isnt a problem. Its a fix to a bug but rather have it like this than the other options we had.

I ran into invisible revenants. I relogged, and then I could see them.

So very new to this game but just noticing little things that seem odd. Rabbits, squirrels, and even hamsters are aggressive all the time, im sure this has been brought up before but when i see a rabbit the first thing i dont think of is to run, deer, racoons and bears yes. is this supposed to be this way and is there any plans to change the parts that just dont make sense in a game that is doing a great job of realism? ... an edit to this post as i read more in this discussion .... so i am wondering if it maybe that they start neutral someone attacks them could they then stay aggressive for the next victim to walk past?

Plus i think the hamsters are to strong. they got like 80 HP, more than I do

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Plus i think the hamsters are to strong. they got like 80 HP, more than I do
    LOL, must be the green mist We saw a ragdoll with 130hp!

Xsyon Citizen
    When the totem is gone, when will the revenants go away?
    I put a totem on a old camp and still revenants are there, all of them.
    Thought they will move on if somebody placed a totem on a deserted camp?

I heard some say that you must kill them first and then they will not come back....nice for new players who want to get a good place.