Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyito View Post
    Wait, did people forget this from the update:

"Both warring and non-warring tribes could claim resources that would be up for contest by both types of tribes."

So even non-warring tribe will have to defend resource locations if they wish to prosper...
    which is problematic.

again, basic accountability issue.

need to hear what the benefits are for flagging red.

what is the default setting?

What do i give up to become, for all intents and purposes, invulnerable?

Quote Originally Posted by benz17 View Post
    Yea but I can say "Sorry, wont pay for a restricted ruleset in a sandbox game anymore".
    So you would have left any ways... Best of luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for else where.

Only problem I see now is twice the population fighting over one server for space.

"You are too close to an existing tribe."

Live it, love it, learn it.

PS - And yes I realize he reduced the homestead radius, modified the tribe placement radius as well as created clans. Still going to be a lot more people in the same amount of space.

Mods, can this thread be merged into the "official" discussion thread? I made it before the official one was up.

Quote Originally Posted by benz17 View Post
    I'm not fine with it.

In a real open world, if someone pisses you off enough at mines, resources, whatever, just open field, you come and destroy his crap.

In what Jordi 'envisioned' (this morning), someone pisses you off, and you can't do jack shit to their holdings because they've chosen to be a non-warring tribe (freaking nonsense).

Jordi, gratz on implementing trammel even before the launch.
    It is not a tram version as that would constitute two identical worlds with one being completly safe and the other not ie would have been tram if there were two servers.

Tribes simply have a small safe zone which is not unlike UOs towns being safe for the most part. So he made a good solid decision. Everyone is still fair game off their land. Lets just wait it out and see what happen during the end and after prelude.

I am by the way Pro PVP .

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    which is problematic.

again, basic accountability issue.

need to hear what the benefits are for flagging red.

what is the default setting?

What do i give up to become, for all intents and purposes, invulnerable?
    Dubanka see here for some info concerning going evil:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

In that thread (granted it is an old thread) evil players will be able to full loot people, is that not a good enough carrot?
    Btw Good players won't be able to loot or fight other good players or risk automatic tribe booting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    It is not a tram version as that would constitute two identical worlds with one being completly safe and the other not ie would have been tram if there were two servers.

Tribes simply have a small safe zone which is not unlike UOs towns being safe for the most part. So he made a good solid decision. Everyone is still fair game off their land. Lets just wait it out and see what happen during the end and after prelude.

I am by the way Pro PVP .

Oh wow, glad to hear from a Pro Pee Vee Pee!

Now sarcasm aside, there is a huge difference between being able to destroy any assets that you desire (granted you have the skill, or the numbers, or some politician mastermind) AND being able to destroy assets only of those people who officially agreed to it.

Most people seem to not realize that, in 2011, in an open PvP game, it's not enough to be able to kill any person anywhere any way you like. It's also important to be able to stomp their crap into the ground. Burn down. Freaking disintegrate.

My problem is not safe zones. My problem is that carebears will be able to avoid being completely destroyed, just by clicking 'I DONT WANT A WAR' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramanu View Post
    Dubanka see here for some info concerning going evil:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

In that thread (granted it is an old thread) evil players will be able to full loot people, is that not a good enough carrot?
    Btw Good players won't be able to loot or fight other good players or risk automatic tribe booting.
    full loot is mostly a joke right now...you just permission your bags so they can't be looted...if it's of value you put it in there and it's untouchable.

the pve crowd likes to throw up 'full loot' as the ultimate pvp carrot...it's nto really. It's nice. We like getting stuff for our effort, but it's not the end all and be all.

In a game like this we want to be able to shape the world through our actions, and we want everyone to be on the same page.

So if you can be invuln, and have the ability to completely dodge all accountability for your actions, or your mouth (in game)...what penalty do you get for that? or what bonus to i get for accepting more risk.

The bonus is that you will be able to siege and conquer other tribes who wish to do the same. If thats not enough then just don't be a warring tribe.

Thats a bug, and alignment is not even implemented yet, so i guess we will have to wait and see how it turns out. If you don't like that you can always get a refund until the game improves enough.