Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This is my first post. I've lurked on here for w/ever amount of time who cares. This I am in 100% agreement on. As a solo player I often run great distances and come across many containers, not just baskets. It seems that using this for PvP combat should be considered an exploit, as an exploit is using a game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage over another player also.

TLDR
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    You don't even need a basket.

Jump off of a cliff when people are chasing you and get an instant respawn to totem. Lame.

- All deaths need to leave a corpse behind with loot on it.

- Items need a 5 minute timer after deletion like DF. That way, people can't delete their gear when they know they're going to die. Deleted gear would instantly disappear from the character, but stay in the DB for 5 minutes, so people have a chance to loot after deletion if the person is killed.
    Oh and do you want a bazooka with that that shoots people around the corner? Just LOL.

Give us traps before you give us open bins. When someone naked tries to open my bin he should be pierced with a knife in the eye or bitten by 5 snakes or smashed by a rockslide.

You want realism but only when it suits you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Someone brought this up in local and i believe in this problem too, but its rarely brought up.

Right now bins can be set to private, and you can throw them down anywhere in the wilderness and no one can do anything about it, except for drop a totem down on it to claim it. This seems a little bit broken.

Another problem that comes along with this is dropping your bags before you die in pvp.

About to lose a duel and all your tools and scavenged rares are on you? No worries, just click and drag your private bin on the ground and die. Come back to pick it up later.

What the hell is this?

If you successfully hide it behind rocks or trees, then great. But if some very perceptive explorer finds it, they shouldn't be stopped by a white texted message of magic.

If you are about to lose a fight, you shouldn't get away scot free. You lost because of the choices leading up to that fight, and because of your inability to defend yourself, so you have to pay a price for that.

Bins outside of tribal or homestead territory SHOULD BE PUBLIC ACCESS TO ALL.
    1000 % AGREE WITH U!!!
    NOT 100%, BUT A 1000%

Been wondering about the containers outside of tribal lands, mostly for performance reasons. I am pretty sure they add to the Entities problem.

How the game handles those containers could also be an issue. Is the client aware of the contents of every container even before it is opened, or does the timer bar when attempting to access it actually allow the contents to be fetched from the server? Hopefully it is the latter, else it is a waste of bandwidth and client memory to "know" what is in every container even when we don't have access to them. Once accessed, the contents can be cached locally so subsequent accesses don't have to hit the DB.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    You don't even need a basket.

Jump off of a cliff when people are chasing you and get an instant respawn to totem. Lame.

- All deaths need to leave a corpse behind with loot on it.

- Items need a 5 minute timer after deletion like DF. That way, people can't delete their gear when they know they're going to die. Deleted gear would instantly disappear from the character, but stay in the DB for 5 minutes, so people have a chance to loot after deletion if the person is killed.
    +1, Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Oh and do you want a bazooka with that that shoots people around the corner? Just LOL.

Give us traps before you give us open bins. When someone naked tries to open my bin he should be pierced with a knife in the eye or bitten by 5 snakes or smashed by a rockslide.

First. Comes, no magical bins,
    Second. Then whatever you want

o.O

I wasn't even talking about bins.

Latin.

agreed. Everything not in a tribe radius should be public

I dont think theres a single reasonable person in this game who wont agree to this.

I got into a long heated arguement last night about this "feature" I was told by 3 different devs this was an intended function..I could hardly believe it and thought I was going to be banned becuase I wouldn't let up on them. ... I was told it wasn't an exploit and was working as intended. It utterly pissed me off at the lack of concern or simple ignorance of who this is detrimental to the game. I asked the guides to please talk with devs for a definative answer on if this was an overlooked problem that might get future attention or if indeed it was intentional. I was told they have went over it with me already to basically stop asking about it.

Essentially no one has any reason to make a tribe if they can drop private baskets where ever they want. I understand that basket permissions are required and a good idea.. however all baskts carried outside of a tribal area should auto defualt themselves to public property.

It is blatently manipulating the game mechanics and in my opinion a true exploit. I was told that to combat this all I have to do is drop a totem and claim it as mine. Well thats horse shit. Why should I risk my property to gain access to items that are in unclaimed lands. How is making safezones ouside of you tribe a good thing?

I also have seen people using this tactic to aviod being killed while harvesting.. again this is blatantly manipulating game mechanics to avoid the possibility of being killed with items on you while in an open setting.

Along those notes I have also had people that I've faught drop a totems in the middle of a fight to give them self invulnerability when we are both low... then I have to run like hell away becuase I cannot hit them any longer.

Added after 6 minutes:

If you find a basket in the wilderness are you saying it should be locked in unable for anyone to pick up? I'll be damned.. If I'm out in the world and I find something.. I found it.. there is no mysterious force around that object that disallows me from opening it or moving it. Go put a random container in your street full of stuff and see how long it is before someone grabs it.
    To prevent this from happening, you keep your shit in your house or yard you don't leave it out. Iif you do leave it out in the public you have abandoned it.....

So much for a full loot game then.. I guess they did this as many people would feel compelled to quit if they had everything stolen off them.