• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Was thinking about a similar thing a while back, do you mean a wearable pouch? That'd be cool. My understanding is that right now, any bag on my person is fully lootable no matter what the settings. Only bags on the ground have the ever so dreaded protections. Having maybe the front left pouch remain protected sure would be nice.
    Sadly there are bags that are not lootable. Im not sure if its a bug or not but it happens.
    Also people can just drop a bag and poof its "safe".

Kinda off topic, but this whole "die and teleport with all your loots back to base" is a bad idea.
    It feels like exploiting when I tell someone. "Hey you die and go back with all the goods because it would take us hours to get back at that slow of speed with that weight" I feel dirty doing it.
    Just FYI my guy is bugged so dont say IM exploiting it, because I cant teleport anywhere.
    I dont think its an exploit but it feels like one. It needs to be changed. The system is bad for econ, resources, area control and so many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sadly there are bags that are not lootable. Im not sure if its a bug or not but it happens.
    Also people can just drop a bag and poof its "safe".

Kinda off topic, but this whole "die and teleport with all your loots back to base" is a bad idea.
    It feels like exploiting when I tell someone. "Hey you die and go back with all the goods because it would take us hours to get back at that slow of speed with that weight" I feel dirty doing it.
    Just FYI my guy is bugged so dont say IM exploiting it, because I cant teleport anywhere.
    I dont think its an exploit but it feels like one. It needs to be changed. The system is bad for econ, resources, area control and so many other things.
    As Jadzia so proudly reminded me once before, the difficulty / impossibility of looting someone is intentional, evidently. Not exactly full loot then, is it.

I agree on both your points. They need to change this to be a no-bullshit full loot, and they need to get rid of teleporting all your stuff with you when you die. Thats just flat out retarded for so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    As Jadzia so proudly reminded me once before, the difficulty / impossibility of looting someone is intentional, evidently. Not exactly full loot then, is it.

I agree on both your points. They need to change this to be a no-bullshit full loot, and they need to get rid of teleporting all your stuff with you when you die. Thats just flat out retarded for so many reasons.

Im pretty sure the "No looting in water" and "cant use this" issue with the bags on the person is NOT intentional they are bugs.

I do agree the difficulty ie. being close, 30seconds to loot, time to loot items, time to open bags etc, are planned and good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    /agree with this.

I do agree the difficulty ie. being close, 30seconds to loot, time to loot items, time to open bags etc, are planned and good ideas.
    Really? So you are fine with having a way to bypass the need to physically transport goods and possibly be ambushed on the way simply by suiciding with a full pack?

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    /agree with this.

Really? So you are fine with having a way to bypass the need to physically transport goods and possibly be ambushed on the way simply by suiciding with a full pack?
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post81434

Read that =P

Dunno how you got that idea.

As far as people droping there bag there easy to get into if you have an alt or can jump in and out of your tribe.Just throw down a totem and you can open anyones stuff.

I laugh when people used to tell me they dont trust the tribe leaders so the put there stuff in the woods out of tribe area.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post81434

Read that =P

Dunno how you got that idea.
    Sorry from your post above I thought you were happy with the current looting system. I stand corrected.

Wasn't there a time during beta when people didn't respawn at their totems, but instead respawned where they died? That would fix the problem of teleporting goods... but you inevitably have the little jokesters that will camp bodies just for the lulz of it all.

Blame them.

Also, I've only killed and looted someone once. Not terribly proud of it, but had to be done to get a point across. I have to say I had no trouble looting in 30 seconds... It's not a buffet man I don't want to lie there patiently while you look over the menu. Get in, get out, too slow, too bad.
    Incidentally, the dude I looted did get everything back once he calmed down and we had a chance to talk a bit.

On the other hand, could it be a technical issue like the double-click bug makes it take longer for you, or a lag thing while you're looting, or a sync thing... you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    As far as people droping there bag there easy to get into if you have an alt or can jump in and out of your tribe.Just throw down a totem and you can open anyones stuff.

I laugh when people used to tell me they dont trust the tribe leaders so the put there stuff in the woods out of tribe area.
    I wouldnt say thats easy, sure it can be done but not super easy.
    Or what if a friend drop a totem to protect it too.

Either way its not a system Im happy with, I hope it changes once the combat revamp is in the game.

Sorry DDT but i'm with ocoma, these two messages threw me off. You want it to be difficult to loot, and have there be a limited time frame to loot (which follows that whatever is not looted is either destroyed or kept by the player), but you dont want people to keep their stuff when they die and respawn with it?