Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    They could do away with giving starter tools entirely - if they made recipes for the starter tools which didn't require tools at all. A rock, string , and branch makes a hammer.
    This is a very good idea...and these tools should break very fast, and should be poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This is a very good idea...and these tools should break very fast, and should be poor quality.
    I agree.

Great posts guys, and Jadzia.

if they make them break thats cool but i dont think thay should break really fast let new people get going a lil.Besides ive broken my scrappers hammer at mod dur and it really dident take much when grinding.

Greetings all,

Some really good suggestions and ideas among this thread.
    I will pass this onto the developers and let them know what your thoughts are.

Keep them coming.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    So far i think this is the best solution. Crappy starter tools that can be made w/ out other tools for people to get going, that break fast and produce poor things but are easily accessible to new players.

See - I don't just complain.

Apart from complaining about you don't always complain lol j/k a side.

I really like this thread and will watch it closely.

I started just the other day, and I have to agree that basic feeble and crude starter tools would probably make people feel as if they could do something. When I first looked at my toons list, I saw a list of items I had the recipe to make but not the tools to make, and I had not the recipes to make the tools I needed... Is like have water without a cup, at least let us use our hands to drink in this aspect.

Also next patch really recommend making basket recipes scavangable... pretty important thing to be able to make without having to reroll your toon 2 hours into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post
    I started just the other day, and I have to agree that basic feeble and crude starter tools would probably make people feel as if they could do something. When I first looked at my toons list, I saw a list of items I had the recipe to make but not the tools to make, and I had not the recipes to make the tools I needed... Is like have water without a cup, at least let us use our hands to drink in this aspect.

Also next patch really recommend making basket recipes scavangable... pretty important thing to be able to make without having to reroll your toon 2 hours into the game.
    Indeed. I started with a tool crafter, and rerolled a couple hours later as a basket maker. The game is virtually unplayable without baskets.

Give newbies a single basket recipe with small storage space.

BTW, give us a cup or waterskin recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post
    This is working as intended according to Virtus, and the guides. (Ive always thought it was a bug).

I really hope thats not true, because like you I think it shouldn't be but hey, what do I know.