Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Superiority complex. You have it.
    I'm half man, half amazing... /shrug

When Prelude was was put on hold and set for a later date, it was an unusual situation. First there was some disgruntled players and many of us were annoyed by this, but it wasn't long before there was calm and the playerbase were very supportive and patient with the devs.

Now, I spent alot of time in the game despite all the server crashes and data corruption, sure, some players got mad and there was alot of frustration, but even this was brought up on mmorpg.com that the playerbase seemed to understand the problems and were happy to allow the devs to have more time (I didn't see any requests in the forums for a refund or much ragequitting, unless ofcourse it was done through emails) to fix the issues. After being in past MMORPGs with terrible launches and setbacks, things got ugly real fast, but this wasn't to be seen in Xsyon which was nice.

That could be true, which is why I was interested to see how the community would take it again.

Also, the previous updates get shifted to here from time to time. -> http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Archive/page20

From what I can tell Xsyon has had a pretty laid back, friendly and patient community both following it and playing/testing it for nearly a year now - with a "it's ready when it's ready, take a chill pill" attitude. I myself have been watching it, since last summer but have only just taken the plunge.

During the last few weeks a lot of other peeps have taken the plunge also, a lot of PVP'ers from what I can tell - which is cool (just look at all the joined Feb2011 accounts - mine included!), but it seems a few of them didn't really research the game they have bought into. Also a lot of them are of the "I want it now..now...now" *stamps feet* school of life.

The game has been cooking for a long time now and it's a stew not a pot noodle. The longer you cook a stew the better it tastes in the end.

I'm sure it will be soon, before my 50th birthday anyhow Honelith me old mucker

Well the norm in a situation like what happened at launch would be for the game devs to keep the game running at all costs despite overwhelming lag and bugs and barely communicate with the community about it because they don't want people to know how badly they messed up.

So a Devs who treat their community like it actually matters, keeeping them up to date with pretty much daily posts and giving reimbursing us for the time missed, is a step above all other games.

So im perfectly happy[mostly, it would help if it wasnt a frikken awesome game] waiting it out.

I'll be here, patiently awaiting its arrival! But for now i'll just figure some things out ingame.

I don't mind at all pushing back start date with the free time offered. I think they'll have more success with a solid (even if not 100% perfect) product when it is officially live. Word of mouth (or forum) is a powerful thing in MMO circles.

Wasn't the launch pushed back to March 15th anyway? Thought I remember reading that somewhere (mmorpg.com in an interview or something)

It's done when it's done. Unless 'my time' comes prematurely, I'll be here waiting to play it when it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    And there's no Prelude yet. Will you rage and set things on fire as I know alot of you do, or will you be reasonable and understanding and wait it out ?
    I will do both. I will rage until my anger and frustration pass and then I will patiently wait.