Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Great patch!

Looks over Rothkur's shoulder. Nope, nobodies twisting your arm.

Why aren't you playing Dawntide instead of cussing & whining on the Xsyon forums?

Nvm, I really don't want to know, please do not respond.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Looks over Rothkur's shoulder. Nope, nobodies twisting your arm.

Why aren't you playing Dawntide instead of cussing & whining on the Xsyon forums?

Nvm, I really don't want to know, please do not respond.
    Same reason as me, I suppose - because I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    Stuff decays yet I still have nothing to do in Xsyon.

"Oh here's another grind mechanic go grind some more so that you have the ability to grind some more but yeah content? Nah bro we're gunna work on grind mechanics first then worry about actual features"

Cool........

Wait no this blows.

Would have been nice if a game in ALPHA stages wasn't falsely advertised as a title in launch phase. Dawntide has more to do than this goddamn game and it's free, and the graphics look better, and the art style looks better, and the combat is better.

Seriously WHAT THE FLYING FUCK are the developers doing? It's not like this is a teeny tiny 5 man team or anything like Dawntide, and Dawntide gets a helluva lot more shit done than Notorious Games does.
    I played Dawntide, I had high hopes for it...but that game is unplayable, very very buggy, characters looks awful, graphics is very boring, that game has been in development for sooo long that by the time it actually launches (who knows when, its not even close to it) no one will play it due to the dated graphics.

Just FYI, Xsyon dev team is teeny tiny one, smaller than Dawntide's.

If you are going to criticize the game do so constructively, and not complain for the sake of complaining otherwise I will lock this thread due to derailment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I played Dawntide, I had high hopes for it...but that game is unplayable, very very buggy, characters looks awful, graphics is very boring, that game has been in development for sooo long that by the time it actually launches (who knows when, its not even close to it) no one will play it due to the dated graphics.

Just FYI, Xsyon dev team is teeny tiny one, smaller than Dawntide's.
    Except that's completely and utterly wrong. Xsyon has launched far before it was in a state to launch. Don't you think it's common sense for a developer to wait and get things right before releasing?

Grow up and stop trolling for like 2 seconds, okay? It's obnoxious. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's childish. People play Minecraft, Wurm, Haven and Hearth, and Terraria. League of Legends is extremely popular and has very low end graphics. Plenty of people still play Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Everquest 1 shards, Ultima Online shards, Dark Age of Camelot Shards, and other old games with "outdated" graphics.

I've posted some info on Xsyon multiple times in multiple places to try to promote the game and the consistent thing I get is "You pay $14.99 to play this? What the hell? It looks terrible!"

What a fanboy...

Quote Originally Posted by ModEzekiel View Post
    If you are going to criticize the game do so constructively, and not complain for the sake of complaining otherwise I will lock this thread due to derailment.
    I kinda was if you know you actually read the posts.

Constructive Criticism:

Instead of working on things like putting in decay to make us just watch progress more bars fill up all day and call that fun gameplay, the devs should focus on more interesting mechanics like farming, animal breeding, siege mechanics, real rewards for PvP, conquest, more interesting mechanics for crafting and gathering, NPC guards for towns, and things like boats.

I mean seriously... I log in to Xsyon every say and all I do it watch a progress bar.

1.) Get In Game 2.) Go to a scrap pile 3.) Watch 4 progress bars for my scavenging 4.) Watch 4 progress bars to sort it 5.) Walk over to my basket and lose all of my energy 2 times during the process 6.) watch a progress bar to open my basket 7.) put the items in 8.) now I have 100% thirst and 100% hunger so I need to go farming for about 10-20 minutes to get some huckleberry oak and go drink water.

The game seriously needs something more to it for people to log on and in a month the only thing towards that we've seen is more animals throughout the world and some sort of auto animal reproduction system that really hasn't worked. (1059 is void of animals again)

man, either people are very very small in Dawntide, or rabbits are very very large... what the heck is that thing? and do they have oversized carrots and mustard to cook it with?

In any case, seems to me if you come on Xsyon's forums and start throwing feces, breaking branches, etc... you can't really be getting all that upset when you get some thrown back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post

I kinda was if you know you actually read the posts.

Constructive Criticism:

Instead of working on things like putting in decay to make us just watch progress more bars fill up all day and call that fun gameplay, the devs should focus on more interesting mechanics like farming, animal breeding, siege mechanics, real rewards for PvP, conquest, more interesting mechanics for crafting and gathering, NPC guards for towns, and things like boats.

I mean seriously... I log in to Xsyon every say and all I do it watch a progress bar.

1.) Get In Game 2.) Go to a scrap pile 3.) Watch 4 progress bars for my scavenging 4.) Watch 4 progress bars to sort it 5.) Walk over to my basket and lose all of my energy 2 times during the process 6.) watch a progress bar to open my basket 7.) put the items in 8.) now I have 100% thirst and 100% hunger so I need to go farming for about 10-20 minutes to get some huckleberry oak and go drink water.

The game seriously needs something more to it for people to log on and in a month the only thing towards that we've seen is more animals throughout the world and some sort of auto animal reproduction system that really hasn't worked. (1059 is void of animals again)
    Greetings Community,

The Development team is working on Agriculture and revamping of the Combat as we type, decay was the first feature in development that was ready to be released for the public.
    We do have a lot to balance and change with the decay system, but the decay system is laying the ground works for later features, which needed to be released before they get implemented.

The issue you are raising with the grinding of the skills (progress bar), is getting changed in the near future. Jooky has said that he would like to revamp the crafting to make it a bit more fun.

The issue you are having with animals in your zones is not a case of the game simply not spawning enough or breeding fast enough, not at all.
    The issue that you are facing here, is that players are not controlling there local resources, which in this case is animals.
    Animals are resources and if you use up all the animal resources in the area then you are going to have to travel to different zones in order to stock up.
    The idea with the Animals is that the player base is to maintain them, they will breed and start to re-populate the zones but you have to give them time.
    Go for a walk travel the world a little and kill animals in different zones, try not to kill too many, find and kill a few animals in the 8 neighbouring zones around you.

Please, lets not let this thread derail any further.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Community,

The Development team is working on Agriculture and revamping of the Combat as we type, decay was the first feature in development that was ready to be released for the public.
    We do have a lot to balance and change with the decay system, but the decay system is laying the ground works for later features, which needed to be released before they get implemented.

The issue you are raising with the grinding of the skills (progress bar), is getting changed in the near future. Jooky has said that he would like to revamp the crafting to make it a bit more fun.

The issue you are having with animals in your zones is not a case of the game simply not spawning enough or breeding fast enough, not at all.
    The issue that you are facing here, is that players are not controlling there local resources, which in this case is animals.
    Animals are resources and if you use up all the animal resources in the area then you are going to have to travel to different zones in order to stock up.
    The idea with the Animals is that the player base is to maintain them, they will breed and start to re-populate the zones but you have to give them time.
    Go for a walk travel the world a little and kill animals in different zones, try not to kill too many, find and kill a few animals in the 8 neighbouring zones around you.

Please, lets not let this thread derail any further.

Thank you.

Thanks Raguel for the info.

About the spawning of animal resources. Im sure there are animals out there, problem is running around 10 to 12 zones you find 1 or 0. There is no tracking, there is no way to find them other than per chance you find one. They dont make sounds, they dont leave tracks etc. You just happen to be lucky enough to walk into one.

Another problem is the fact that they spawn out of thin air sometimes too. Ive seen it where they just poof spawn.

Another problem with "just take a walk" are the bugs with that. Have you just taken a walk like you are asking others to do? Or have you just assumed because you can see where all the animals are? Try walking about 5 zones and tell me how that works out for you (an hour later). Because likely you will be bugged like many people I know and see no buildings, no people and no animals, because of a bug. Forcing you to relog. (Which right now is another problem for some people for many reasons, "Already logged in bug", "LONG loading time issues 15+ mins for some" etc.

On top of all this, if you do find a spawn of animals you might have all of 2 to 3mins of fun, for the hours and hours you spent trying to get there, then you have to worry about "Am I killing to many?" when you kill the small spawn of 1 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thanks Raguel for the info.

About the spawning of animal resources. Im sure there are animals out there, problem is running around 10 to 12 zones you find 1 or 0. There is no tracking, there is no way to find them other than per chance you find one. They dont make sounds, they dont leave tracks etc. You just happen to be lucky enough to walk into one.

Another problem is the fact that they spawn out of thin air sometimes too. Ive seen it where they just poof spawn.

Another problem with "just take a walk" are the bugs with that. Have you just taken a walk like you are asking others to do? Or have you just assumed because you can see where all the animals are? Try walking about 5 zones and tell me how that works out for you (an hour later). Because likely you will be bugged like many people I know and see no buildings, no people and no animals, because of a bug. Forcing you to relog. (Which right now is another problem for some people for many reasons, "Already logged in bug", "LONG loading time issues 15+ mins for some" etc.

On top of all this, if you do find a spawn of animals you might have all of 2 to 3mins of fun, for the hours and hours you spent trying to get there, then you have to worry about "Am I killing to many?" when you kill the small spawn of 1 or 3.
    And then....you get to worry about how you're going to carry all that crap back home....or you decide to go with the current travel option and suicide...and sit at the loading screen for 10-15...

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    And then....you get to worry about how you're going to carry all that crap back home....or you decide to go with the current travel option and suicide...and sit at the loading screen for 10-15...
    The list goes on and on and on....