Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    June 26 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open for public testing.

We are checking tribes with square tribal areas. Please take a few minutes to log in and check out your tribe on the Test Server. You can check your tribe boundary by walking along the edge with the Map panel open.

We've also started to add bounding box that renders when your totem is selected. Currently this is fixed at 25 meters, the size of a Homestead and is simply a tool for testing, as tribal area dimensions are not currently saved on the game Client.

If you find that your new boundaries overlap with a Neglected tribe, don't worry. These Neglected tribes will soon become Abandoned and removed.

If you find that your new boundaries overlap slightly with another Active tribe, you are in one of the 8 overlapped situations and our Guides will be contacting your Tribe Leader to determine how to resolve your specific case.

If you find any problems with the square tribal areas, please report them here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...e-Tribal-Areas

Enjoy!

July 1 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open again for public testing. (It will be up at 11:00 PM PST)

We've spent the past few days working intensively on creature AI and balance: gathering and reviewing data, checking all reported issues and reworking the code. Our changes are still in progress but we are opening the test server to allow players to assist us with tests. Tonight we are testing bears primarily. We are doing our best to address all reported issues with creatures this week.

We are also waiting for responses regarding overlapped tribes. If you were contacted regarding this, please respond.

Thanks!

July 3 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Sorry for the lack of updates on the state of the Abandoment. This is an especially frantic week for me as in addition to getting the Abandonment and totem decay in full swing I have urgent personal matters to attend do (positive matters) and I will be headed to Russia early next week.

Currently on the Main Server, while the days are counting down on totems, the stages of Abandonment will not commence until we patch out one more update. This will happen as soon as three issues are complete:

1) We resolve all tribe overlap issues that will occur with the change to square totem areas. These are almost all resolved but we are still sorting out a few situations.

2) We are finished with creature balance and improvements that have been our focus for the past week. We've put our full effort into this, including me personally working on the creature code and checking the results (typically I am working on other aspects of the code). I've run a lot of data gathering and I hope that once we are done with this creatures will range enough to provide challenges and rewards for players of all levels. We will be testing our latest changes tonight and need to spend at least one more day on this.

3) We reduce the stat bonus power of creature parts. Creature parts will still range in power base on age and creature power, but I plan to limit a full armor set to increase a stat a maximum of 25 points. Currently a full set of the right materials can increase a single stat too much. This is causing balance issues and sets a priority on gear that I did not intend nor desire for Xsyon. A 'quick fix' limiting the power of armor sets is running on the Test Server, but a proper revision is in progress and armor sets and creature parts will be evenly adjusted. The high end sets and parts will remain as the high end items.

These are last minute additions to the Abandoment phase, but I am glad that we decided to do these now.

The change to tribal square areas is a very positive change in my opinion and one that we couldn't easily implement at any other time. The choice was to do this now or never. Now was the best choice.

The AI and balancing changes will greatly improve the Abandoment as these changes apply to revenant AI and equipment as well.

I know many of you are waiting for the totems to be removed. Thank you for being patient while we wrap up these improvements so that this Abandonment phase is fun and exciting. The totems will not last long and will be gone by the end of the month.

I will post again when the test server is up with the Deserted decay stage active and revenants haunting Deserted tribes.

July 4 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server will be closed tonight while we run some tests on and make adjustment to creature movement speeds and reactions.

I will be in transit to Russia from Monday to Wednesday so we are holding off patching the revenants and running the first stage of decay until I am settled in next week. This will give us a few extra days to gather public feedback on our creature changes and revenants but is mainly being done in order to avoid the risk of patching any issues that we won't be able to deal with while I'm not available.

The Test Server will be open again tomorrow with the Deserted stage as it will be on the live server next week.

July 5 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is now open to the public. I've started a thread requesting feedback on Creature AI on the Test Server here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-AI-2012-07-05

The Test Server may be up and down while we make changes tonight and tomorrow, but we will keep it open to the public.

We will continue making improvements to AI until the big patch next week. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming phase of Xsyon!

July 6 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is being restarted with changes to revenants. The details and a request for further feedback has been posted here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-AI-2012-07-05

If you wish to help test creatures, please contact an in game Guide for assistance and GuideMihr or GuideRaguel can spawn creatures on the Test Server if they are available.

Thanks for the feedback!

July 9 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is open for public testing again. I've made many small adjustments and bug fixes to creature AI and power. With so many changes I've started a fresh Feedback Request here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-AI-2012-07-09

As usual, if you wish to help test creatures, please contact an in game Guide for assistance and GuideMihr or GuideRaguel can spawn creatures on the Test Server if they are available.

I am leaving in a few hours and will be back in full swing Thursday AM PST. We hope to patch this big update at that time. What is currently on the Test Server is what is planned for release. In the next few days we hope to identify and fix any critical issues. Your help is appreciated!

Thanks!

July 10 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've caught up with all the Questions for the Developers for those interested. Also, if you have any feedback on creatures or revenants, please provide it in the feedback thread. I will be checking and directing any necessary changes so that we can wrap things up and get this big patch out before the end of the week!

July 12 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

We are ready to patch out the first Abandonment stage and the Revenant invasion! This will be patched out with the next maintenance Friday morning (July 13).

We are working on a minor issue with attack ranges today and will reduce the life of low end revenants before the patch. I will continue to check the feedback thread today, so if you have any last minute feedback, please post there.

Thanks!

July 13 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Maintenance and the patch will begin at 7:00 AM PST this morning. The server will be down for approximately 2 hours for the patch.