Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Wouldnt you want to be something special, something needed in the game? I bet you would....
    not really no, I enjoy being the faceless helpful player that gives to who needs, without need for recognition to do so..

if I spend 2 years in the game, and help those that need things enjoy it..my job is done.I can leave the game and no one remember my name from adam..my personal satisfaction of knowing that I furthered others enjoyment of the game is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    taken from

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...syon-question/

get over it, the focus is not on PVP, the balance you claim you want would be against what the game is all about.
    Thats not what this is about. its about creating balance, and creating a need for the crafting you all enjoy. Without penalties towards crafting, inorder to give people a reason to roll a combat character, you have no puropse in game, you are just one of 15 crafters, all able to make the same things, in a 15 man tribe...thats no fun.

Im not trying to force you the crafter to pvp, im trying to give people who would do either, to choose a combat character to protect you the crafter. Currently there is no need to protect a crafter who spend all of his time scavanging near the safezone or crafting inside the safezone.

Balance gives all paths chosen a better use and better function, and everyone is happy with the choice they made.

PKer posts tend to contradict themselves a bit. First you guys yell at us for going out of our safe areas with anything valuable, then you get mad that we stay in our safe areas and make baskets (those baskets are to put our valuables in so we can leave our safe zones!).

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I can justify neglecting my family to play a game that gets my adrenaline pumping, but you must be a monster to ignore them to craft baskets.
    That is just sad. I love crafting. I love pvp in many games (not this one though). I love my family (wife n 3 kids). I neglect them too often to nurish my endorphin habit (endorphins are released when we do things we like/excite us such as fall in love, have an orgasm, totaly gank some n00b, etc). Regardless of how much I love my endorphins I cannot justify it. When my children are grown, I am certain I will look back on this time with regret.

At least, I will when I'm not playing whatever game has my attention at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokilla View Post
    No they are not. Xsyon stated that he was looking at making the safe zones optional. Not temporary.
    i believe that statement was clarified to be only for the prelude as the last statement i read was that he was thinking of allowing tribes to not have a safe zone early with the full intent of all safe zones being gone once prelude is over unless he stated differently more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    This...

I'm going to say this generally and not to the OP directly. I know you wanted a "peaceful" debate, but this thread really is no different than others that have been posted and it's tiring.

You act like every crafter will have a spot next to a junk pile. You act like junk piles will be in forever. You act like no one is going to leave their little safe zone.

The prelude is made specifically so that the crafting basis can be built up. The risk with crafting is losing all crafting resources just like the risk of combat is losing all combat resources. Gathering resources should have varying risks. It makes sense to me. You can say "oh well loosing resources isn't the same as losing armor". You can't really judge that as that is quite subjective.

/rant_on
    People keep saying that "PvE" players (not the same as crafting players) do nothing but whine, but that's not really the case here. I'm just as tired of PvE/themepark players trying to change the mechanics of PvP focused/sandbox games as I am hearing PvP focussed players trying to change the mechanics of this game. That doesn't mean things will not change because they WILL. It's just that the whining is on the other foot now, and you all need to realize this. You can be hardcore...you can be a PvP GOD, but you still are whining. Let them make the game and if you have non-whining suggestions put them in the suggestions thread.

The key here is compromise. Being someone who loves pvp and really could care less about crafting... I actually want to craft in this game. I believe that there is a great compromise at the moment and great compromises planned. The game is for multiple play styles. Currently 1 style is really working (crafting) the second is coming soon (pve) the third may be in a few weeks to a month (combat) and the fourth might be in 6 months (warfare).
    /rant_off
    abandon the totem, logoff for cooldown, return and place totem in new spot, repeat. how dangerous does that sound....mobil safezones.....

abandon the totem, logoff for cooldown, return and place totem in new spot, repeat. how dangerous does that sound....mobil safezones.....
    you keep missing my reply of "what crafters are really going to get an entire village up, and go "hmm we ran out of junk here..lets just ditch the 2 months of stuff here, and move down the road to start over from scratch".

by your logic, its MUCH easier for a PvP nomad to do this so he has a safe haven to run to to regen and rest to go back out..than a crafting village with weeks of work and investment into building up their area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    You can throw that quote up all you like, but fact is without a driving pvp force you will have no reason to craft weapons or armor, and noone will need to trade with you if they have 15 crafters in their tribe already. You will eventually get bored with crafting grass tents and go play something else that lets you craft and not pay a monthly fee.
    PVP is not the driving force, as much as some of you seem to want it to be. PVP is a part of the game, sure, but a small part compared to everything else.
    And as for getting bored? I think you are projecting, as without PVP being the driving force, it is the PVPers that will get bored and leave.
    But lets face it, the PVPers will be off like a swarm of locusts to the next game that has a hint of FFA PVP, regardless of what happens here.

As someone pointed out, there are always the fails in crafting to make their job more difficult. Also, when the safety zones are removed, this issue will remedy itself. I don't think we need to put any artificial things in place at this time and go with the current lore/process that is unfolding.

EvE is a totally diffrent game. The safezones weakend those who clung to them. It was quite boring inside the safezones, but as the pvp areas had the best reources, the long time players and blobs only got stronger, while those in the safezones struggled to compete.
    i played eve for almost 7 years and very rarly visited 0.0 spaces as i didn't like the blob warfare but i was in low sec to high most often and i can guarantee you atleast on a individual basis your statement isn't true as i could go toe to toe with anyone given a fair fight sometimes unfair depending on opponents skill level. even a 1 year player could compete against a 7 year vet if skilled correctly since only so many sp were used for a specific ship type.

I've said it before EVE online is the only sandbox full loot mmo that has done it right and have not failed infact they just keep expanding feature wise and subcription wise.