Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Needed Tweak

Hmmm......fun.....

I guess the funnest I've ever had in an MMO while crafting was SWG -PreCU. I loved how the different qualities of same type materials made the difference in final product...as well as the "Experimenting" on it. The different qualities of different components produced a final product of different values as well. Crafting was fun, because you had a way to semi-control the out come, while never knowing exactly what that outcome would be until final completion. But because most items we craft from are of same quality......(ie a steel rod is a steel rod...no variations) it's not possible to do it SWG style. Unless there was a skill like a metalsmith who'd reforge metals, somehow making it possble to alter current metal stats.

As for combat, I guess archery in Darkfall, and melee in Roma Victor were best for me. In the DF archery, you actually had to be fairly accurate with the bow and able to judge distances and trajectories to get a hit. In Roma victor, the melee combat was 1st person view, and aiming at specific body parts, and the chance that a newb could actually get a lucky hit in on a vet was there...and did happen occationaly, and sometimes, one good hit was all it took to win...but those fights were often quick, and that system needed some tweeks/refinement as well.

It is true...this game will not be for everyone. All MMO's face that dilema. Our best bet is to offer what we feel are good suggestions, while still supporting current efforts of the hard working Devs, and see where that takes us.

Hi everyone. I think this is a very important topic so I'd like to add my 2 cents if I could.

As with anything in life, the act of being predictable can be boring. Having said that, it would go without saying that in order to eliminate boredom one should aspire to become less predictable, or become more spontaneous. As it applies to crafting, or the goal of making crafting less boring, perhaps the objective should be to inject the element of surprise into the process. By doing so, there is an element of expectation to every result that will keep the player on the edge thereby making the process more interesting.

One example would be to have varying qualities within similar items that can be crafted (Ie., +1s and +2s). Another example would be varying the output of items that can be produced with each click. And yet another example would be instituting a system that produces surprising random prototypes of the same item determined by the material used.

The different possibilities are only limited by our imaginations. The key factor is to add the element of surprise and spontaneity to the process. The expectation of the unknown is what keeps the player interested and on edge.

Anyways, I hope this helps to advance this topic. I haven't been on much lately. I hope everyone has been enjoying their holidays

simple way to make click on craft cool

1 - Fail 30%
    2- Fail and save resources 20%
    3- Sucessefull 40%
    4 - Big Sucesseful ( your make 2 intem or save resources ) 10%

More or less based on skills / tech (see my topics) / Bulding
    enjoy i think people dont know in each click

Stay tuned i hope group all my topics in one sugestion (Warfare and Clan Wars Comimg )

Well, a crafting system where I fail in 50% is everything but fun for me. I don't consider frustration as fun. Failing when attempting to craft a recipe which is higher level than my actual craft level is ok, but we should never fail a lower or equal level recipe IMO. This gives a motivation to level up too.

@Alik:
    When I say minigames I mean something like Atitd or RuneScape has for some of the crafts. In Atitd when someone try to make charcoal he has to control an oven, he has to keep wood, air pressure and water balanced otherwise the charcoal gets ruined. There is a very similar system in RS for making petroleum.

But its really very hard to make good minigames, ones that fit the lore and the game, which are challenging but not frustratingly hard. And even a good one gets old fast...

That sound cool with me Jad, If it didn't take forever and a day to code into the game. You could have another small crafting window pop up with gauge/meter to show lelves, And action icons under that, So that you could react to the levels on the gauges/meters.