Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "In Xsyon, tribe zones are safe zones. While wilderness areas will be mostly anything goes, encumbrance limits will prevent extensive looting and mechanisms are in place to prevent camping spawn locations. The goal is to have open PvP in general but not cater to griefer types."

---

Did he change his mind, or fail to mention "until after Prelude"?

From what I understand he is sticking with what Jcatano posted above. In my opinion, he should. The more facets to an MMO the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    From what I understand he is sticking with what Jcatano posted above. In my opinion, he should. The more facets to an MMO the better.
    It's opposite from what he said about PvP/tribes/Prelude in the past.

i want evil tribemembers to be able to kill in others tribeareas and to steal from bins by lockpicking with a success rate comparable to scavenging rares.
    They cannot steal or loot very much because of encumbrance and maybe after a fight with low energy.
    evils should spawn at their totems so raids have just one try, except they're plundering their neighbours :P
    good an neutral tribes should declare war on each other with the same consequences, if they are killed by a tribemember of the enemy tribe.
    It needs to be very hard to be evil, because they stress about 75% of the good and neutral citicens, if they are just go out to plunder, they wil need to trade with neutrals otherwise they must have their own crafters, which shouldnt be good fighters.
    As i have understand it, there is a softcap of ??? Skillpoints decaying by not using the skills that allows you to reskill others.
    So you can master crafting or fighting, not both, but you can change it by less crafting and more fighting or the opposite.
    More cognizable attacks from enemys should the fighting system become more tactic relative to blocking and dodging.
    So blocking and dodging should use less energy tha attacking so you can counter an attacker by blocking and dodging him until he is exhausted.

just some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleran View Post
    The two player groups really can't co-exist peacefully IMO unless you put in very rigid controls such as CCP did with EVE.
    They have to co-exist in a sandbox. Or else your game will fail due to simple boredom. You need item loss in order to stimulate people who play the industry (crafting) side of the game. You need item/structure loss to stimulate the PvPer as well. It's a 2 sided coin...

I really hope PvP is made fun, and meaningful.

Having a post apocalyptic world without savagery and looting is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    It's great that more and more people who want this game to have meaningful territory control, conquest and full loot pvp are starting to show interest. The Bob the Builder crew is probably outraged.
    Not true I think everyone wants MEANIGFUL PvP, what we don't want is mindless killing just becouse you can and it's fun to "bully" weaker players. I'm all for territory control and conquest

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Not true I think everyone wants MEANIGFUL PvP, what we don't want is mindless killing just becouse you can and it's fun to "bully" weaker players. I'm all for territory control and conquest
    Just don't make me click my mouse and run my avatar 2 hours accross a dead world map looking for another player to encounter. As I am downloading this 3+ GB client I hope to heck that is not what this game represents. If I get ripped off on another one of those mmo's where I have to spend hours looking for another player to interact with, I am giving up on the sandbox all in general - because if that's what game designers think a sandbox is, they need to get out and socialize more...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by toddesloan View Post
    Just don't make me click my mouse and run my avatar 2 hours accross a dead world map looking for another player to encounter. As I am downloading this 3+ GB client I hope to heck that is not what this game represents. If I get ripped off on another one of those mmo's where I have to spend hours looking for another player to interact with, I am giving up on the sandbox all in general - because if that's what game designers think a sandbox is, they need to get out and socialize more...
    lol
    simply depends were you place your tribe

I general, how close can tribal totems be to each other? Define by the time it takes to run back and forth etc.