Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Please post in a constructive manner and don't flame for because what bothers someone else, isn't something that you think should bother someone else

Dubanka's bother list:

1. There is no point to the game...in fact it's not a game, it's a sim. There is no reason to craft beyond crafting itself. There is no reason to build, beyond building itself. Because nothing has value, pvp is pointless because there is nothing to fight for or over. In short the basic game design does not appear to be complete.

2. Lack of Developer communciation with the player base. In Jordi's most recent post, he states that, . For this to be the case, there needs to be a much better flow of information between the devs and the players. We need to understand, succintly, what your intent is so that we can a) tell you if it's working/will work or b) if it's broken and why. Presently most forum debates between the players center around one group stating what they would like to see, and another group responding why it cant be because of something Jordi said somewhere a year or 2 back. As a community we are unable to really move forward because there is no concise, 'this is what our plan is/this is what we are looking to accomplish'...or even better, '...we do/do not plan on doing it like that, our current design has us doing it like this, what do you think?'. I think we're all happy to help you in the process, the devs just need to let us know if wwhat direction we need to start walking in, and provide an occasional course correction.

3. I do not have a reason to pay for this game. I have no issue of having made my $40 contribution to the xsyon improvement charity fund. It was a leap of faith. I feel a little guilt about bringing my friends along, but all that is in another thread somewhere. What bothers me now, is looking at June 1, and the end of the 'free' period for pre-orders, i really don't see a reason to subscribe. There have been no improvements to actual game play. The entire 'free' period has been devoted to just making the game playable...and i'm still not sure if its current level of playability is due to actual stabilization changes, or the fact that there are 95% fewer people logging in than there were 6 weeks ago. But I have not seen anything to give me hope...or at least enough to spend any more cash on this product. I have not seen any communication (ie. #2) that tells me that the devs 'get it'...it's all vague hopey changey things will be better you'll see wink wink stuff. Give me a reason to support the product.

thats my list.
    What's bothering me...

Pretty much nothing. I'm still playing a game I've been playing for a year and I've only paid once.

I have nothing invested in the game and could stop playing tomorrow. I nearly did stop when the initial community moved in, but I'm playing right now as I type and my character rests. I could be doing so many things, playing so many games, but I'm playing Xsyon and enjoying it.

Clearly there are imporvements I could suggest, but I'm not bothered by the game. Not at all at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    If they fixed the combat alone, even if it was meaningless, i would be playing this more often for the fps combat aspect.
    Agreed...

I have been grinding out some craft skills, but to what end. We had a few guys log in a few nights ago in hopes of find some trouble, but they all logged off in disgust after sparring for a few minutes. These are guys I've been gaming with since the late 90's, this isn't our first "rodeo".

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky69 View Post
    What's bothering me...

Pretty much nothing. I'm still playing a game I've been playing for a year and I've only paid once.

I have nothing invested in the game and could stop playing tomorrow. I nearly did stop when the initial community moved in, but I'm playing right now as I type and my character rests. I could be doing so many things, playing so many games, but I'm playing Xsyon and enjoying it.

Clearly there are imporvements I could suggest, but I'm not bothered by the game. Not at all at the moment.

Thankfully we aren't all created equal.

Im sure there are people out there that consider Battlefield Earth the best movie ever.

Some people like playing MMORPGs for the MM aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Good quote.

I hope cracky is true to his word because soon his wish will be fulfilled -- this community will be gone and he'll have this sim just the way he liked it before "the initial community moved in". Have fun cracky.

It's just a game, and I actually enjoy some solo games too. Never met a soul when I'm playing Civ 4.

If I stop having fun I can play something else. It is that simple.

As I said, I've nothing invested. Too many drama queens here who think it's their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Many Men?

(MMORPG=Many Men Online Role Playing Girls)

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Many Men?

MMORPG's Where Men are Men, Women are Men and Childern are Policemen

Many Men?

Whats not to like about many men?

Many Men?

Hey, Whatever you're in to.

I thought for a long time...

Nothing bothers me, really. I look back on the games I've played and they are all pretty pointless fun no matter what's going on and no matter how polished it is. I played two or so weeks before the first launch even started, by then I felt like I'd already had my payment satisfied. The content present at the time was better than any or most of my initial gaming experiences.

I say nothing bothers me. It wouldn't even bother me if there isn't anything new when free time ends. I might not continue my subscription because of that...or maybe I will. There's just nothing available right now that I want to play and is out yet. And...I enjoy the game differently than I enjoyed the other things I've played. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's the "I'm actually a part of the world" thing for once or maybe I just don't care and am growing out of gaming lol.

Apathetic? Maybe, but I still would enjoy further improvement that everyone's wanting and really enjoy constructive discourse. I know what things can be and will be fun and would like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I thought for a long time...

Nothing bothers me, really. I look back on the games I've played and they are all pretty pointless fun no matter what's going on and no matter how polished it is. I played two or so weeks before the first launch even started, by then I felt like I'd already had my payment satisfied. The content present at the time was better than any or most of my initial gaming experiences.

I say nothing bothers me. It wouldn't even bother me if there isn't anything new when free time ends. I might not continue my subscription because of that...or maybe I will. There's just nothing available right now that I want to play and is out yet. And...I enjoy the game differently than I enjoyed the other things I've played. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's the "I'm actually a part of the world" thing for once or maybe I just don't care and am growing out of gaming lol.

Apathetic? Maybe, but I still would enjoy further improvement that everyone's wanting and really enjoy constructive discourse. I know what things can be and will be fun and would like to see them.
    Amen brother.