Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I do not disagree with this. But I think that players hould be given the choice of whether they want to make the world or just chill in safety. I know one game that is just like that and it's pretty much the most sandboxy sandbox out there.

Sandbox is about choice. It's not about having "no restrictions."
    Careful with the bolded part, there's about 100 players each with a different idea on what a sandbox is.

I know. But I will swear to my dying breath that my definition would lead to the most balanced gameplay for everyone involved.

Safe zone for Items somewhere? Absolutely, hopefully, definitely needs to be.

Safe zone for people anywhere? Shouldnt be. Again, you're gonna have people hiding there macroing all day without repercussions consuming bandwidth and not "playing" the game really at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    Safe zone for Items somewhere? Absolutely, hopefully, definitely needs to be.

Safe zone for people anywhere? Shouldnt be. Again, you're gonna have people hiding there macroing all day without repercussions consuming bandwidth and not "playing" the game really at all.
    This to me sounds like you just want to be able to kill anyone you like, anytime you like, anywhere you like, and you just use macroing as an excuse to have mechanics in game changed to allow it.
    Safezones are there for Prelude, after Prelude, the village/town/city or whatever you want to call it should be built, and should have wall's, gate's, defensive structures, and will be the new safezone (sort of).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi
    The goal is to have open PvP in general but not cater to griefer types.
    What you seem to want would cater to griefer types.

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    This to me sounds like you just want to be able to kill anyone you like, anytime you like, anywhere you like, and you just use macroing as an excuse to have mechanics in game changed to allow it.
    Safezones are there for Prelude, after Prelude, the village/town/city or whatever you want to call it should be built, and should have wall's, gate's, defensive structures, and will be the new safezone (sort of).
    Yes, I want us ALL to have the OPTION to do whatever we like, not just me personally. Do you want people to be playing this game "actively" or would you rather that a huge majority are "afk macroing" pretty much all over the server? Think about it - crafter's have to gain skill, right? They aren't just going to get GM skills over night, it will take time. I could have my whole tribe spend a week hoarding/farming/gathering all from the countryside that we needed, then, lock ourselves away and macro indefinitely.

Does that not go against the scope of this game? I see many begging for the "social" aspect and it attracting people...that part gets shifted to the minimal because a vast majority of the pop are spending the first few months of game-up AFK macroing basketweaving and not even at their pc. Might as well just add NPC's in their place, at least you can orient with them.

Your town should be your safe-zone without a magical protective barrier. When towns are built and properly implemented with gates, THAT should be your security, not a magical forcefield protecting your house or any part of it. Im in total agreeance involving the after-prelude and current prelude safezones. If you build your town properly, you shouldnt have anything to worry about...until you go out!

Yes, I want us ALL to have the OPTION to do whatever we like, not just me personally. Do you want people to be playing this game "actively" or would you rather that a huge majority are "afk macroing" pretty much all over the server? Think about it - crafter's have to gain skill, right? They aren't just going to get GM skills over night, it will take time. I could have my whole tribe spend a week hoarding/farming/gathering all from the countryside that we needed, then, lock ourselves away and macro indefinitely.

Does that not go against the scope of this game? I see many begging for the "social" aspect and it attracting people...that part gets shifted to the minimal because a vast majority of the pop are spending the first few months of game-up AFK macroing basketweaving and not even at their pc. Might as well just add NPC's in their place, at least you can orient with them.

Your town should be your safe-zone without a magical protective barrier. When towns are built and properly implemented with gates, THAT should be your security, not a magical forcefield protecting your house or any part of it. Im in total agreeance involving the after-prelude and current prelude safezones. If you build your town properly, you shouldnt have anything to worry about...until you go out!
    The difference (which needs to be seen through action ATM) is the staff of Xsyon are taking an iron fist to afkers from the start. I bet a lot of people won't risk their accounts or characters, so the social aspect will still exist.

AFK macroing to skill up crafting? are you for real? have you even done any crafting? do you honestly think people can macro picking up grass, selecting the recipe, placing the grass and the tools required into the craft window, and then craft something? all that with a macro?

Also, you want everyone to have the option to do whatever they like? really? if that was truly the case, then you would want safezones as they are right now, left in all the time.
    Safezones as they are right now give everyone more choice than if they were not there at all.
    Right now with safezones, you have the option to go out and PVP if you want to, or stay safe and craft if you want to, or just sit around and chat, or leave the safety of your totem and go explore, pretty much do what you want anytime you want.
    With no safezone, anytime SOMEONE ELSE wants you too, you will be involved in PVP, forget crafting, if SOMEONE ELSE walks up and wants to attack you, they can and will, forget sitting and chatting with friends, if SOMEONE ELSE want to interrupt the discussion with PVP, they can and will.

You dont want everyone to have the option to do what they want, you just want to be able to force them to PVP when you (or anyone else for that matter) wants.

Yes, I want us ALL to have the OPTION to do whatever we like, not just me personally.
    I agree with this! I want to have the OPTION to play in safety without the possiblity of getting ganked everywhere in the game. It's called a comprimise. They make some of the areas safe for people like me, and then they can open up the rest of the world map for the players to pvp and take control of. Then, they balance it so that some, even a lot, of resources are ONLY found in the open pvp areas so that there is a very large incentive for players to go play there.

And about your quip about "magical protection:" Go read the lore. This game is about angels and demons. This isn't anything like Fallout or Mad Max. So "magic" is very much a possibility. Hell, the safe zones could be protected by "angels" just like High-Sec in Eve is protected by CONCORD, and from a lore-perspective it'd make PERFECT sense.

If PvP were the main focus and the whole game is based around it then why did they spend so much time developing such a beautiful crafting system? I totally agree with choices and being forced into PvP is no choice at all.
    If you really want to PvP the carebears, wait outside the safe zone. The resources in the safezones are going to run out VERY quickly and people will need to go out. I'm not seeing the big problem here other than people want to be able to burn down other peoples' homes for no other reason than just to be malicious.
    This game can be a PvPer's wet dream. But if you run off all the carebears who will you fight?
    The game needs safe zones even if they are small. There will still be plenty of people and areas for you to grief. I see it all time right now and the game hasn't even launched yet...

If you open up PvP with no safe zones then what is stopping a group like Goonsquad from zerging and razing all the villages, taking over the entire server simply because they have numbers, and ruining the game for everyone.
    Is that what you really want?