Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Prince View Post
    It will get you more resources.
    Worth noting that it will also COST you resources. Waging war, paying for your losses, is expensive.

Plus, happily farming away into eternity will also get you resources.

It's not crazy to suggest that people who commit to the PVP playstyle, instead of player-versus-junkpile, might deserve a slight edge in their chosen path -- combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    No offense, Doc, but you sound pretty unintelligent. It's clear you haven't thought this through in anything approaching a realistic fashion.
    Yeah, i have pretty much gotten to the point of disregarding any post by a Hopi Tribe member. Doc argues like a donkey regardless of who it is and how thorough their logic in rebuttals are ESPECIALLY if it is outside of the scope of how he personally wants the game without considering the rest of the game world or the "down the road" aspects. The rest of them seem to basically follow that same mentality. Im expecting the rest of them to follow the leader and "drink the punch" soon after release anyway...if the collective tribe of "evils" dont get to them first. Typical zerg mentality...it always seems to be the psoriasis on the buttcheeks of a good time.

Dubanka has pretty much stated all I could hope to say. Plus one(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I don't mind if they have nervous breakdowns. Those types have serious difficulties with thinking about anything other than themselves or about the long-term.
    Heh, yah, its actually funny, but it seems Jordi has made up his mind and has given options to players, even those that were not in his initial vision. And community has pretty much voted with non complaining about it, sans few vocal individuals.

Could you please explain, given the fact that non-warring tribes will be safe and secure in their snuggly little blankets, how this would be unbalanced in anyway? Only warring tribes could ever have these weapons USED on them if they didn't want to. And they could, by and large, only use them on other warring tribes.

If you don't plan on fighting people, why should it matter if your weapons and armor are slightly less than the 100% best stuff available?
    Worth noting that it will also COST you resources. Waging war, paying for your losses, is expensive.

Plus, happily farming away into eternity will also get you resources.

It's not crazy to suggest that people who commit to the PVP playstyle, instead of player-versus-junkpile, might deserve a slight edge in their chosen path -- combat.
    That's all fine, as long as those who commit to the crafting/community playstyle get a slight edge in their chosen path i.e. exclusive crafting recipes.

Edit: Even though it may not sound like it, I am actually a PvP oriented player. I just like balance.

Yes, the few vocal individuals with any experience with balanced sieges and asset destruction..

Still trolling eh, doc? If I was a lesser man I would report your posts for violating the ToS.

dubanka talks like a politician, bla!, bla!, bla!

That's all fine, as long as those who commit to the crafting/community playstyle get a slight edge in their chosen path i.e. exclusive crafting recipes.

Edit: Even though it may not sound like it, I am actually a PvP oriented player. I just like balance.
    How is that balance? No risk no reward. No matter what everybody risks losing their members off tribal lands but only warring has a chance to lose their land.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    How is that balance? No risk no reward. No matter what everybody risks losing their members off tribal lands but only warring has a chance to lose their land.
    ..But also, warring has a chance to gain land. How is that not balance?

..But also, warring has a chance to gain land. How is that not balance?
    Fair enough but peaceful cities will have the ability (maybe not game mechanic wise) to become trade hubs since if their peaceful nobody will have to worry about dieing from them. My point is the bigger the risk the bigger the reward. But the reward also needs to have meaning. If all you get are more resources you already have then is gaining land really such a big carrot? If you have nothing to develop with those resources then are the resources worth getting? Of course really we could all just be over-complicating the tech idea. The warring tribes will likely have first dibs on any new resources found which means they will develop the tech first. We probably don't need game mechanics to enforce this lol. If the peaceful want these techs they will need to trade for it in someway.

Who knows maybe trading technologies will be a cool thing to do. For example the peaceful came up with a way to automine rock but a warring tribe got these cool new gadgets and they trade blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Fair enough but peaceful cities will have the ability (maybe not game mechanic wise) to become trade hubs since if their peaceful nobody will have to worry about dieing from them. My point is the bigger the risk the bigger the reward. But the reward also needs to have meaning. If all you get are more resources you already have then is gaining land really such a big carrot? If you have nothing to develop with those resources then are the resources worth getting? Of course really we could all just be over-complicating the tech idea. The warring tribes will likely have first dibs on any new resources found which means they will develop the tech first. We probably don't need game mechanics to enforce this lol. If the peaceful want these techs they will need to trade for it in someway.

Who knows maybe trading technologies will be a cool thing to do. For example the peaceful came up with a way to automine rock but a warring tribe got these cool new gadgets and they trade blueprints.
    Exactly, I think it will actually be a lot more fun without those certain mechanics, they would just complicate things. The PvP oriented guilds will have an edge in combat over the crafting guilds anyday, so they will likely have an edge when it comes to claiming land when they expand the map, which will probably lead to discovering new technology or at least something useful.