Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    I have sat here and read and read and well read even more. I think that this idea is not good, and think that it might actually crush what population we have left from the fail launches. However, it could turn out good, it could turn out bad. We will have to wait and see, but I will report on it as times goes.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I've been drinking Cap and Coke for quite a while if you'd like some lol. 70 Proof ftw.
    I'm sorry, but you can't share your drink with him. He'll be on the War server while you're on the Peace server. We can't have everyone together for social events like this...that's just nonsense.

I'd like to take a moment to personally thank the Pandemic tribe for having matching banners. It made this thread a lot easier to get through knowing I only had to read about 10% of it.

Everyone, both servers are going to do great. WTF is wrong with you people.....

This is a great game, that will create 2 great sandboxes, or 12 great sandboxes, how ever many he decides to create to support his growing client base.

You people bitch just to be bitching....

I am thrilled to death about having 2 servers with 2 different world builds. It will be 2 art forms based on 2 different groups of play styles. It will be great and both servers will do just fine.

despite what people think. Darkfall is not dead and it has two servers

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't share your drink with him. He'll be on the War server while you're on the Peace server. We can't have everyone together for social events like this...that's just nonsense.
    No I think I'll be on war mainly and peace when I feel like chillaxin...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Everyone, both servers are going to do great. WTF is wrong with you people.....

This is a great game, that will create 2 great sandboxes, or 12 great sandboxes, how ever many he decides to create to support his growing client base.

You people bitch just to be bitching....

I am thrilled to death about having 2 servers with 2 different world builds. It will be 2 art forms based on 2 different groups of play styles. It will be great and both servers will do just fine.
    The argument against splitting the population into two different mindsets is that putting us all on one server and telling us to "survive" was much more interesting. Now it's like every other game out there with the two camps divided onto different servers. Xsyon is now playing the MMO game on the level of every other game out there, rather than having it's own unique claim to fame. Will it last? Will it remain interesting? I guess we will see.

Remember that this game doesn't have quests, instances or any theme park content. The players ARE the content, therefor having a more interesting and diverse player base on the server would have likely resulted in more interesting game play for all. That's what made me even consider spending $40 + $15/month on an indy game.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    The argument against splitting the population into two different mindsets is that putting us all on one server and telling us to "survive" was much more interesting. Now it's like every other game out there with the two camps divided onto different servers. Xsyon is now playing the MMO game on the level of every other game out there, rather than having it's own unique claim to fame. Will it last? Will it remain interesting? I guess we will see.

Remember that this game doesn't have quests, instances or any theme park content. The players ARE the content, therefor having a more interesting and diverse player base on the server would have likely resulted in more interesting game play for all.
    Have to agree. I was looking forward to this game being a one server sandbox where player made descicions decided the fate of the game world. Now, by splitting the population into two servers, you have diluted the potential interactions and thus reduced the scope of the game.

Hopefuly it will work out for the best. But, will a refund be offered for those not wishing to participate now that the population will be split into two servers?

I don't know if it got answere but:
    Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves.
    Does that mean we will have Safe Zones as long as there is no option to build gates on the war server.

How finished it archery ? I think it is VERY important to have a style of ranged combat ready specially on a war server.

Edit:

Ah i think i missread it

Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. This is not a Chaos or griefer server, but a server for players that want tribal warfare and conquest. This will happen as soon as possible, possibly within a month or two.
    Means the safe zones will be turned off in the next 1-2 months when city defence is ready. I thought it means in 1-2 month we will have a conquest system ^^ guess i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post

Remember that this game doesn't have quests, instances or any theme park content. The players ARE the content, therefor having a more interesting and diverse player base on the server would have likely resulted in more interesting game play for all. That's what made me even consider spending $40 + $15/month on an indy game.
    This split would have happened anyway, if not now then after Prelude.

What if after Prelude they announce that tribal warfare will be based on 'flagged for war' system ? PvP players who have spent 6-9 months hoping and waiting for an FFA system would rage and quit.

What if after Prelude they announce that tribal warfare will be FFA and big tribes can destroy everything they want ? All of the players who signed up for a game with protected housing, small tribes and most of the solo players would rage and quit.

Its much better to split up now, before the tribes settle down and this way PvP players don't have to wait 6-9 months to play the game in the way they wanted to.