Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    SWG was not a sandbox? EvE is not a sandbox?

And noone is asking for "consensual PvP" server, but one with safe-zones and one without safe-zones.
    SWG was not - and if you played on Ahazi in the early days trust me you'd know me :-)

Equally with EVE - it IS a sandbox precisely because it has ONE server and the ruleset is the same. I'm not advocating EVE style savezones or whatever, but you CANT advertise one thing then deliver another. Oh, btw, EVE? MOO. So I guess if you played there early days you'd know me too.

This is silly. If you *advertise* a product as is, you *implement the product as advertised*. Apples and melons.

Players' personal preferences should not dictate the game - what the company advertises as the game should dictate the game

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    Rules on a server to do with PvP = PvE.

These rules would != sandbox. I know you realise this, equally I know you realise it would be preferable to you as this is your preferred method of game environment and would very much like to see it. I know I would too, if it wern't for the fact I subscribed to the game *as advertised*. Please stop trying to change the game to fit personal playstyle!
    what MMO have you played? I ask because of your comment on pvp rules, hell even Darkfall has pvp rules

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    One server, ten servers.... Wipe, no Wipe... Just launch the game already.
    One server, ten servers.... Wipe, no Wipe... Just launch the game when it's ready.

SWG was not - and if you played on Ahazi in the early days trust me you'd know me :-)

Equally with EVE - it IS a sandbox precisely because it has ONE server and the ruleset is the same. I'm not advocating EVE style savezones or whatever, but you CANT advertise one thing then deliver another. Oh, btw, EVE? MOO. So I guess if you played there early days you'd know me too.

This is silly. If you *advertise* a product as is, you *implement the product as advertised*. Apples and melons.

Players' personal preferences should not dictate the game - what the company advertises as the game should dictate the game
    1. 'advertise' and answering an interview question are not the same thing. please keep that in mind.
    2. all games have pvp rules thus according to what you said that means all games are pve games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Please show me that advertisement. Xsyon has always been advertised as a game with safe zones and open PVp with consequences, player owned protected housing, player owned protected storage.
    Its not me who try to change the game. It is you, and I don't mind it at all...seems Xsyon is willing to change it to your like, but on a different server. Why aren't you happy for that ?
    I never saw him say he wanted safe zones down or player protected stuff gone (at least not right off the bat). I'm for safezones as well (though I don't know if I want them to last 6 months) because it gives everybody a chance to build their settlement and make tribal warfare interesting when its turned on. I really look forward to taking on castles and fortresses when the time comes. Only reason to raid those with less is for easy resources for when they become scarcer.

Rules on a server to do with PvP = PvE.

These rules would != sandbox. I know you realise this, equally I know you realise it would be preferable to you as this is your preferred method of game environment and would very much like to see it. I know I would too, if it wern't for the fact I subscribed to the game *as advertised*. Please stop trying to change the game to fit personal playstyle!
    Hmm, Jadzia isn't trying to force her way in this game and never said that. And if you're looking for unrestricted PvP with no rules than your in a wrong game. This game wasn't advertised by NG except for few inteviews by Jooky. So you might found wrong advertising.

BTW It was soooo nice when you were gone we had civilized discussions, even trolling was on high level. It almost felt like forums for grown people. Are you sure you don't have to go somewhere until launch.

^^This

Damn, now I'm doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    1. 'advertise' and answering an interview question are not the same thing. please keep that in mind.
    2. all games have pvp rules thus according to what you said that means all games are pve games.
    1. Trite answer for someone who is losing the point TBH.
    2. Yes, within boundaries as advertised before initial purchase.

One thing in the last 20 years of online game development - if you go with the masses you get a fail. We all know that. As to games? Actually all of them, except Final Fantasy genre - somehow I could never get my head around that genre.

EDIT: Rique: lol sorry mate it's clearly infectious!

I'll play it no matter what . But for the love of Gamers everywhere , set something in stone , announce it , and stay with it . If this means 2 servers , then fine .

So, they are not sandbox cause you have your imaginary rules about what sandbox is. Mkay.

And, i must say im lost, what exactly will not be as advertised? Sandbox does not mean 1 server only. Dont really see where you got that. If 1 server cant cope with number of players, or if Jordi wants to offer 2 servers with different PvP rules, game is as much sandbox as it was before.

1. Trite answer for someone who is losing the point TBH.
    2. Yes, within boundaries as advertised before initial purchase.

One thing in the last 20 years of online game development - if you go with the masses you get a fail. We all know that. As to games? Actually all of them, except Final Fantasy genre - somehow I could never get my head around that genre.

EDIT: Rique: lol sorry mate it's clearly infectious!
    I think you will notice "game expereince may change during play" just for the reason you mention. So, if they change combat, im not getting what was "advertised" because combat was 1 thing at beginning and something else now?

As i said, if he thinks for whatever reason 2 servers are needed i want them to start on same day, same time. Thats what i would like to know, why are 2 servers an option before dramatizing too much.