Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

[b]Sarg wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Heya all, new carebear here, ... looking forward to ruining things (it's my specialty!)[/quote]
    Welcome, Sarg ! The more the merrier

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Will the carebears ruin xsyon...

Personally never played Darkfall... ever. I had written it off as vaporware for ages previous to release. I am from another game, Wurm Online. The gameplay for DF, as described to me by another Wurmian, did not really impress me much as compared to Wurm.

I have played with many major Wurm pvpers who additionally do alot of crafting whether it be out of necessity or enjoyment. Course the nature of the game encourages such as everything is player-created/gathered. Its very possible to have pvpers who craft and craft well.

If it helps: Wurm's pvp is much akin to Ultima Online's (additionally its a similar open-ended skill system just instead of a hard approx 700 point cap, there is skill decay); though, there have been some changes for the more carebear-oriented.

Initially Wurm's geography was divided into two types of connected servers, which could be traveled to and from: Wild (heavy PvP, kingdom territory is won or lost) and Home (Carebear central, PvE). For a time PvP was enabled on the Home servers such that enemy kingdoms from other Home and Wild servers could invade (just with reduced fighting ability and could not spread one's kingdom).

The change caused such an uproar among Home players that the Devs ended up creating a fully seperate Freedom type server.

[QUOTE=Wrekkoning;15737]I'm pretty sure, all the crafters watched in horror as the Darkfallers came over as well.[/QUOTE]

They can't flee, we hunt them all

[QUOTE=Sarg;17883]Played Darkfall for a couple weeks, but didn't like that to be even an average crafter you needed to be a guild crafter thanks to the rare resource requirements. Been pretty much without a game since, because everything is crap.

This sounds promising. I've always wondered why no MMOs treated PK like real life ... you can do it, but no one does because the consequences are too strong.[/QUOTE]

You tend to forget that in real life the land mass is owned by alot of "guilds" called countries. Those "guilds" have some sort of PK hunters(police) who watch out that everyone play within the guild rules. All this was created in 1000 of years. At the beginning of our civilsation it was more then normal to kill other weaker "guilds" or merge them into your own "guild"...also murdering was much more common because no one saw it or missed the "player" who died ( and didn't respaned :-( )

tbh if this game is ruined by carebears i will buy it only to grief you

tru, tru

I hate to say it, but if the devs go strictly by amount of tears on the forums: Yes.

Its almost heartbreaking to see so many great ideas be presented to possibly the potentially best mmo sandbox to date and constantly having 5-10 carebears flood each idea with "NONONO i wanna sit in a safe place and craft all day without risk".

I hope the devs actually want to make a game that lasts, and don't do what Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Age of Conan, Darkfall, and pretty much every MMO that isn't a WoW clone did: Listen to the Carebears.

The ONLY game i've ever seen where they actually listened somewhat to the pvp community is darkfall...but when you wait months to years to change...well it dies. ;[

[QUOTE=Salvadore;55518]I hate to say it, but if the devs go strictly by amount of tears on the forums: Yes.

Its almost heartbreaking to see so many great ideas be presented to possibly the potentially best mmo sandbox to date and constantly having 5-10 carebears flood each idea with "NONONO i wanna sit in a safe place and craft all day without risk".

I hope the devs actually want to make a game that lasts, and don't do what Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Age of Conan, Darkfall, and pretty much every MMO that isn't a WoW clone did: Listen to the Carebears.

The ONLY game i've ever seen where they actually listened somewhat to the pvp community is darkfall...but when you wait months to years to change...well it dies. ;[[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is that they "listen to the carebears"?

Nah. The game will be fun and interesting regardless.

Moving this out of the Flame Wars area, really?

[QUOTE=Marcus;55582]Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is that they "listen to the carebears"?[/QUOTE]

The ever destructive life sucking cycle that destroys MMO's:

Those who cry the loudest and hardest typically dictate the dev's fear of profit loss. Thus, the ones that are actually enjoying the game for what it is are rarely crying about it, whereas those who are angry for their losses are kicking/screaming "IM GONNA QUIT"...thus, the dev that wants to stay in the positive profit margin, says "better do what HE says, we're obviously here to make money...".

It is way too prevalent today. Very sad actually. Usually the ones that cry the most are never satisfied anyway, thus, counterproductive to the whole design. They are usually the ones that quit anyway even after they get their way due to boredom or a greener pasture to go cry about ;[ The pvp'ers usually enjoy it for what it is and only really leave for 2 reasons: They cant stand getting lied to or broken promises, or the next greener pasture with the hope they will actually have their ideas listened to (this time).

Ive yet to see a single MMO really cater to the pvp populace. Darkfall *kinda* did, but way too little too late ;[

*P.S. LOVE the avatar. Used to have that game back in the day!