Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Simply dig a hole/empty moat inside your wall so they unstuck through and fall so far down that they die .

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    This too, but more important as far as I'm concerned is that relying on the /unstuck exploit to go over fences that any tribe with any sense will quickly build around their precious junk is first of all, cheesy, and second of all, bound not to work for long.

And third, that whole rant of yours, mindtrigger, was a strawman.

I wasn't making a point about ease or difficulty, I was pointing out the obvious logic failure in telling solo players and small groups of players to be patient, to stay off the lake junk, and to not ask for more junk anywhere else SOLELY BECAUSE NEW AREAS WILL OPEN UP WITH JUNK IN THEM. Since many of those who are saying this would scream the house down if the new areas allowed solo players and small groups to place a totem with any protection at all around it, they are ignorant and malicious for trying to reassure us in this manner, since obviously this won't solve our problems, and either they should know it, or they do know it but they're hoping we're stupid.

How easy or difficult the entire thing is or will be had nothing to do with my point.
    They should treat /unstuck as they do death. Just teleport them back to the totem or starting point after having to remain frozen for 2 minutes or so (time debatable). Lets face it the land and terraforming will always lead to being stuck at some point. They just need to take away the ability to functionally use it to their advantage.

I like the idea of opening up new areas that have no safe zones:
    -- your tribe has been in the same spot for months, picked the junk clean
    -- scouts have found a new area with new junk, but dangerous
    -- some of the tribe decides to try to move to the new area

I don't think junk should renew; instead, new abilities, like mining and blacksmithing, can substitute for finding things. Need a screw? We can make one now.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post

I don't think junk should renew; instead, new abilities, like mining and blacksmithing, can substitute for finding things. Need a screw? We can make one now.
    Exactly, I see junk as a starter boost to get the ball rolling. Once All the junk is gone (or right before), enable further crafting skills so we can take over from there.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that was the original intention. Not the no safe zone part, but the junk being only a stepping stone to tide players and tribes over until the rest of the crafting skills came into play, such as blacksmithing, mining, and agriculture.

As of right now, Junk does not regenerate ( though rollbacks obviously bring the junk back ), so it is a very finite resource. Considering how easily just 3-4 people can pick an entire decent sized junk pile apart, I imagine junk piles will be gone shortly after April begins, if not sooner. Four friends and I totally wiped down a junk pile in about 3 days of playing 5-6 hours a day. Granted it wasn't one of the giant cluster ones found at the lake, but still a fairly decent sized one. Three-ish mounds.

I believe that the Xsyon junkpile locations correlate with the real life Lake Tahoe's populated areas. As of recently I have been exploring using both the Xsyon map as well as the real world map of the lake. From what I have determined is highly populated areas of the real world result in large placement of junkpiles in Xsyon. While it is not perfect, it is very easy to find junk based on viewing the real world map.

Evidence:
    Zone:863-864 There are very large piles here, in real life- there is a farm and a large neighborhood.
    Zone:736, 737,697- No junk to be found (minus a few tiny piles), real life- state park
    Zone 738-740, large junkpiles, real life- large neighborhood

This is pretty amazing if I'm right, that the devs would consider this level of detail to use in Xsyon.

/unstuck needs to move you AWAY from a tribe totem......not TOWARDS it.

Right now walls and such are meaningless.....you just type /unstuck and you teleport towards the totem, through everything...lol!

Take the geofence coordinates from the totem and move the character away from the totem radius please placing the person outside of the territory....wow....it's not rocket science...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    /unstuck needs to move you AWAY from a tribe totem......not TOWARDS it.

Right now walls and such are meaningless.....you just type /unstuck and you teleport towards the totem, through everything...lol!

Take the geofence coordinates from the totem and move the character away from the totem radius please placing the person outside of the territory....wow....it's not rocket science...
    If thats the only thing they change then the building strategy would be to terraform walls all around the tribe, deathshuttle into the tribe and /unstuck out of it.

Well deathshuttle is a different issue. That needs to be removed all together. Either you need to be ressed like in UO, or everyone just auto teleports back to a bind point (like 'Evil' aligned players do now).

But as it stands now, /unstuck is the most powerful exploit in the game. It renders tribal defenses utterly useless.....literally!
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    This too, but more important as far as I'm concerned is that relying on the /unstuck exploit to go over fences that any tribe with any sense will quickly build around their precious junk is first of all, cheesy, and second of all, bound not to work for long.

And third, that whole rant of yours, mindtrigger, was a strawman.

I wasn't making a point about ease or difficulty, I was pointing out the obvious logic failure in telling solo players and small groups of players to be patient, to stay off the lake junk, and to not ask for more junk anywhere else SOLELY BECAUSE NEW AREAS WILL OPEN UP WITH JUNK IN THEM. Since many of those who are saying this would scream the house down if the new areas allowed solo players and small groups to place a totem with any protection at all around it, they are ignorant and malicious for trying to reassure us in this manner, since obviously this won't solve our problems, and either they should know it, or they do know it but they're hoping we're stupid.

How easy or difficult the entire thing is or will be had nothing to do with my point.
    Strawman...

All I'm tell you is to quit whining and be creative. That pretty much sums up my whole position. One thing you are doing with threads full of your rants, is assuring no one wants to listen to you after launch when it really matters.