Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    the hypocrisy here is hilarious

please explain ... who exactly are you saying is a hypocrite?

If you mean me, please show where I have changed my view from one side to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Its easy to ignore MrDDT... just ask him..

Wait you arent a subscriber are you son?

The fact is there is more to PVP than just player vs player, but the online gaming community is made up of a bunch of children not to much unlike MrDDT. They only know a few things, how to troll, and be a bad gamer.
    I have no idea what you are talking here. I am a subscriber on a few accounts.

Is this account one? No. I do play just about everyday too. I dont know what the deal is with personal attacks on these forums, but they love to just focus on the person instead of the problem. Game is doing poorly, and isnt picking up many people. Why is that? Instead of trying to figure out what may or many not upset someone, focus your thoughts on the game and how to make it better.

I dont troll, and if you think Im a bad gamer that's even more a of a joke. As Ive yet to lose a PVP event in the game.

I dont need to gloat about it, its simply a fact. It doesnt even take much skill to play this game. Right now PVP is a joke, even after the patch unless you love 15min fights where at any point in time someone can walk (yes walk) away without fear. Then good luck looting someone if you did happen to kill them due to the still problems with looting rights and other issues.

Is PVP more than just Player vs Player? No its not. Hence the PVP. PVP stands for PLAYER VS PLAYER. Its no more no less. Its equal.

The Xsyon forums are great for a laugh and you people are hilarious! News flash folks, the forums are dead because hardly anyone really plays this game anymore. It is dead, fini; nothing more than a simple sandbox for a very small niche...

And yes Mac (and the rest), you are a hypocrite. If you call what DDT does as trolling, then the same can be said about you. Just because you don't agree with his viewpoint doesn't make him any more a hypocrite than you.

But hey, what do I care? Please continue with the inane dribble on the forums; it is always good for a yuck or two at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    please explain ... who exactly are you saying is a hypocrite?

If you mean me, please show where I have changed my view from one side to the other.
    Everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking here. I am a subscriber on a few accounts.

Is this account one? No. I do play just about everyday too. I dont know what the deal is with personal attacks on these forums, but they love to just focus on the person instead of the problem. Game is doing poorly, and isnt picking up many people. Why is that? Instead of trying to figure out what may or many not upset someone, focus your thoughts on the game and how to make it better.

I dont troll, and if you think Im a bad gamer that's even more a of a joke. As Ive yet to lose a PVP event in the game.
    You were almost sounding sensible till this last part. Where the bad gamer and child in you popped out. Oh well, so much for your maturity.

You wouldnt know what a bad gamer is if it fell out the sky, kicked off its thong, sat on your face and wiggled.

Just because you can win in PvP in a game that is a quarter of a percent of the PvP gaming market, makes you a good gamer, o'rly? A good gamer knows there is more to a game that just being the best at one thing in a game. Its about being the best in the community, not as a combatant, or a troll, but being the best in the overall players eyes. The person everyone can turn to and say, "Hey, he knows about everything in the game, he is good at it, and the developer actually respects him, along with his fellow players." Oh shzinit I said it... respect by your fellow players.

Some of the best sports athletes in history, Muhammad Ali, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Babe Ruth, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Ayrton Senna, and Wayne Gretzsky. They all are or were all, the greatest athletes in their sports, they not only were GREAT in their sports, they were GREAT off the fields of play, or tracks in some cases. They were respected for their knowledge of their sport, in ALL areas, not just ONE part, they were respected long after they left the sport for their exploits OUT of the game.

So if you were to compare yourself to those people, how do you measure up? Not very good huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    First you make personal attacks when things dont work out for you.
    rofl, coming from the person who labels anyone who disagrees with him as a fanboi or carebear!

Hodo, I agree, respect is much more rewarding. Those harping on about the issues should just be a little more mature and take a break till a few more patches are out. Instead some spend an eternity on here posting what are not constructive posts despite claims they are, in response to virtually every thread. Me, I've decided to just check back every month or so now with the odd log in to the game and read the odd thread. I think if more of the vociferous bored or frustrated players did the same, these forums would be much more friendly and polite. One-up-manship on a forum is laughable. And once again as Hodo said, only respect really matters and that's earned.

That's my quota for the month. I look forward to a second good patch in a couple of weeks time as the devs have stated. Busy with work and a business trip till then anyway. Take care all.

Finally 2 players that get it!

Norcal... to be a hypocrite, I would have to say something is bad/good and then act in the opposite way.

Please show where I have ever done that.

I too think that DDT is a hypocrite, because he claims to be helping the game, all the while tearing it down on the forums, the one place a potential player will go to research the game he wants to try.

There are a lot of people still playing, I talk to them every day. In all that I do in game I work hard to develop respect between players. Sure there are some that don't like me or my style, and some that may bother me. But I will still talk with as much respect to them as I can.

I only have 1 ( one ) player ignored for his actions... ddt. I think if you check around you will find a good many also have him ignored.

You are a hypocrite because you call him a troll, when you have done trollish posts. And visa versa.

That's why I thought both of you were being hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    You were almost sounding sensible till this last part. Where the bad gamer and child in you popped out. Oh well, so much for your maturity.

You wouldnt know what a bad gamer is if it fell out the sky, kicked off its thong, sat on your face and wiggled.

Just because you can win in PvP in a game that is a quarter of a percent of the PvP gaming market, makes you a good gamer, o'rly? A good gamer knows there is more to a game that just being the best at one thing in a game. Its about being the best in the community, not as a combatant, or a troll, but being the best in the overall players eyes. The person everyone can turn to and say, "Hey, he knows about everything in the game, he is good at it, and the developer actually respects him, along with his fellow players." Oh shzinit I said it... respect by your fellow players.

Some of the best sports athletes in history, Muhammad Ali, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Babe Ruth, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Ayrton Senna, and Wayne Gretzsky. They all are or were all, the greatest athletes in their sports, they not only were GREAT in their sports, they were GREAT off the fields of play, or tracks in some cases. They were respected for their knowledge of their sport, in ALL areas, not just ONE part, they were respected long after they left the sport for their exploits OUT of the game.

So if you were to compare yourself to those people, how do you measure up? Not very good huh?
    Where you fail to understand is that, one cant be bad if they are good.
    Dont confuse great with good. Bad is less than good. Great is better than good.
    If Im good at killing people, and skilling up in a game, and knowing a lot about the game. How can I be bad? You have yet to point out how I'm a bad gamer. Plus you are also limiting your comments from Xsyon. Should I pull other games into it also?

My point is that, he making personal attacks, not focusing on the topic.

If I compare anyone up to those people they wouldnt be very good either, as those people were the best of the best greatest of all times (according to you, I dont agree but Im using your own standards).

I wouldnt talk about someone being a "good" or "bad" gamer, when I ranking it based on information outside of the game. I look at people with the best stats of how they played if they are "good" or "bad" no matter how nice someone is off the field, having a 0 and 100000 record would still make them bad at that sport or gaming. They could be the nicest or even most respected for other things, but gaming well wouldnt be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Finally 2 players that get it!

Norcal... to be a hypocrite, I would have to say something is bad/good and then act in the opposite way.

Please show where I have ever done that.

I too think that DDT is a hypocrite, because he claims to be helping the game, all the while tearing it down on the forums, the one place a potential player will go to research the game he wants to try.

There are a lot of people still playing, I talk to them every day. In all that I do in game I work hard to develop respect between players. Sure there are some that don't like me or my style, and some that may bother me. But I will still talk with as much respect to them as I can.

I only have 1 ( one ) player ignored for his actions... ddt. I think if you check around you will find a good many also have him ignored.

This hits home back on the topic too.

Again you are focusing on the wrong parts of what makes PVP fun for players. Its not about this forum warrior bit you try to do, its the thrill of the fight, and its rewards.

I'm sure you and many other carebears have me on ignore. You dont want to hear what I have to say, because you dont preform at the top level. While players that want exp, and learn from good players (Many PVP types) cant ignore people with good advice and common sense. There are few of these types of players left. As the carebears have warped the game so PVPers cant thrive here. So I wouldnt doubt that many cant stand the way I say things or do things.

Many players have ignored me simply for killing them. People have different views on what they can or cant take. I have thick skin so I can take a lot, one reason its like that is because I can also learn a lot from that.

About players helping the game or not. You have a different way on how to do that. I prefer to tell the people to truth and let them choose to play or not rather than lie or mislead them into playing and maybe they stick around a week. I believe if you keep that type of tricking people up, people will start to post about how its a scam more and more and it will instead of being sorta on the back burner, it will come to the forefront. People already say that and believe it, but it could be much worse.

About you being a hypocrite is your OP here on how pretty much you prefer the people to exploit the systems of PVP to have what you call "PVP".