PDA

View Full Version : Down time chatting

dezgard
04-08-2011, 01:45 AM
OK so while the server is doing maintenance lets share some odd story's.

(Click here for a campfire sausage)

Kinslayer
04-08-2011, 02:01 AM
How about a story about running a poll in game, rather than on the forums, to poll opinions of fixed maintenance times? This is getting extremely annoying having to miss out on game time every night.

meissner61
04-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Lol, shoulda seen that coming. When will we have a community not complain about pre set down/maintenance times..

Topic: I clicked...i am still sausageless...that sounds wrong.

Kinslayer
04-08-2011, 02:17 AM
When will we have a community not complain about pre set down/maintenance times...Never, not as long as I'm around ;)
N

GuideDina
04-08-2011, 02:22 AM
I am sausageless too, but I went out and bought pizza - yummo!

meissner61
04-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Why did you not summon it using your guide powers?

GuideDina
04-08-2011, 02:26 AM
I am a probationary guide, I have not yet been given the sausage summoning power!

Kinslayer
04-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Once you have your sausages, you should head to the Society of the Anvil. They have plenty of fires to cook your sausages on.

Strands
04-08-2011, 03:24 AM
*Clicks sausage link*

Last night I decided it was time to venture the world. I've had enough of slapping the ground with my shovel for hours. So I grabbed my two axes, emptied my bags, and threw a stack of fish over my shoulder. Where was I headed? That was uncertain. Would I come back? Also uncertain. Do I have a pair of hairy man lumps in my pants? Yes, Yes I do. So off I go.

My tribal village lies on the shores of the lake, near the zone of Cederrat. Zone 937 they call it. I call it zone 930awesomesauce. I head west, running along the shoreline, as to keep my bearing of where I came from. Running through the sand, I can see more tribal settlements. Some are well crafted, with large walls, and moats. Others looked like they had either just been started, or completely abandoned. I keep my eyes peeled for any other "survivors", as I am now in hostile territory.

I run through the night, stopping only to catch my breath, and maybe grab a drink of water from the river. The wind is rough, pushing down my armor as it whips through the trees. I keep pushing through the rough terrain, heading towards the mountains. There are many stacks of logs, it seems the villages nearby have been busy. I keep notes of the village names and leaders, if in the future they are hostile, I know where they live, if they are friendly, I can aid them in time of need.

I keep my heading west, and I start to climb the granite rock mountains I had seen in the distance earlier. The steep face of stone slows me down, my energy depleting faster than normal. Upon reaching the top of the mountains shoulder, I notice something. Its a glow, in the misty distance. I eat a couple of the fish I brought with me, and grab a few drinks from a nearby waterfall. I keep heading towards the glow, compelled to find out its source.

With energy levels back up, I start to run, I must find out what this glow is. The sky turns green as I get closer. The glow appears to now be moving. As I get closer and closer, the sky turns greener and greener. Is this the forbidden zone I've heard of? My instincts tell me Yes, it is. I make it to the moving glow, its a waterfall, and its radioactive.

All that running has left me completely dehydrated. I wonder if I should head back to get a drink from the non-contaminated water. But the glow calls to me. Kneeling down, I drink the green water. It burns as it makes its way down my throat, but I keep drinking. As I have my fill of Radioactive water, I notice a large shadow in the thick green distance. I go towards it to investigate.

Its a bear. And he is big.

On his back is a large spot of gray, this bear has seen many days. With axes in hand I creep closer to him. He doesn't seem to notice me, standing on his hind legs like a human, as to maybe stretch. I get closer, and closer. He see's me. I grip my axe handles hard. He comes at me with a large swipe of his right paw, I dodge and swing with my left. It makes contact. I can see the bear is getting pissed. He keeps swinging at me, I keep dodging, and backing up slowly while swinging my axes at the opportune moments. Hit after hit, I keep making contact, hes barely scratched me. However, I am also not paying attention to where I am backing up.

My health starts dropping. I start to swing wildly. This bear must die fast, I'm getting hit without seeing it. The mist is thick, I can barely see him. I keep backing up, my health starts plummeting. As his death is near, I finally drop to the ground, the radioactive mist.....it has killed me.

I wake up in my village, how I got there, I have no idea. My tribe mates ask what happened, I tell them the story. They laugh, and I put my head down, and do the the walk of shame back to my shovel...

TLDR; I got owned by the mist.