In the discussion thread I mentioned an issue with frames and ramps, if you head over to my place in 904 you'll see the issue for yourself.

What you will see is log walls 3 high, but the middle row has a hole in it where a frame is located, that frame is the only way I could figure out for getting support for the ramp and floor above. The problem is that ramps don't act as support for anything above them, so even if we had a 2x4x4 frame I still wouldn't be able to place it over the ramp, as it would be red.

Sariel dropped off some building mats for me yesterday and about an hour later I started getting ghosts behaving strangely, two log walls stayed yellow despite everything under them being completed, then a short while later every ghost turned red.
I logged off and then back on as I was sure it was a sync issue between the client and server, sure enough once back on every ghost was the correct color and I was able to carry on building, but it started to happen again after a short while. This time instead of the colors changing to block me from building, they changed to allow me to build, and yes that does mean building free standing objects with no support under them.